Backup Failed for specific siteworx account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup Failed for specific siteworx account

A client has backups on SiteWorx to happen on a weekly basis and recently they have been failing. None of the other siteworx accounts seems to be having this issue from what I can see.

Your NodeWorx Server Manager
    Error writing the backup main content file : /sbin/runuser -m -s /bin/bash -c '/bin/tar --exclude=essent/domain.co.uk/iworx-backup
    --exclude=essent/var/domain.co.uk/database
    --exclude=essent/var/domain.co.uk/.backup.transfer.ini*
    --exclude=essent/var/domain.co.uk/..backup.transfer.ini*
    --ignore-failed-read --append --file /tmp/swbknRGHgi essentia '
    essentia
    /bin/tar: essent/var: Warning: Cannot open: Permission denied
    /bin/tar: /tmp/swbknRGHgi: Wrote only 6144 of 10240 bytes
    /bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    Any ideas on what's gone here?

Hi Bertie

It looks likely to me that your permissions are wrong on siteworx/var folder - replace siteworx with your siteworx Unix name (sorry Tapatalk changed and I can no longer see post whilst replying)

Also, check that the siteworx account has enough free space allocated to it (the log shows it has written a little then stopped - so space is likely cause)

If space is free, you will need to run fixvarperms.pex siteworx Unix name but i can post better once in front of my computer

Many thanks

John

Comment

Originally posted by d2d4j View Post
      Hi Bertie

It looks likely to me that your permissions are wrong on siteworx/var folder - replace siteworx with your siteworx Unix name (sorry Tapatalk changed and I can no longer see post whilst replying)

Also, check that the siteworx account has enough free space allocated to it (the log shows it has written a little then stopped - so space is likely cause)

If space is free, you will need to run fixvarperms.pex siteworx Unix name but i can post better once in front of my computer

Many thanks

John
      It seems changing the tmp location to somewhere which has a lot of free space managed to resolve this. I was able to do a full back up as a siteworx user and it completed it without any errors. I'll keep an eye on it an if it does again will look into what you have mentioned.

Comment

Working...
      X