InterWorx Admin and monitoring serivces And Tech Support Out sourcing

Does any one know of any good out source services for Server Admin/Monitoring and Outsource Tech Support that has experience with InterWorx Servers?

Hyperspin do great monitoring, but I don’t know if they do tech support or anything…

Hello,

About monitoring I really like UniAlert. It’s free, you can monitor a lot of services and they send you an email and sms (for free) alert when the state monitor change

Pascal

Just wondering whether anyone has used an outsourced technical supoprt company to manage their Interworx Servers?

We’re struggling somewhat to find a company that are happy to manage Interworx Servers. Many will monitor and work to restore service in case of issue, but none seem to want to manage/deal with outsourced support.

Any ideas?

Just to follow up, that Aaron over at ByteFortress WorldWide http://www.bftglobal.com/ is willing to offer support for InterWorx servers when I spoke with him back in March of this year. I have not used the service yet, but I am serious about getting this set up over the next 60 days are so.

[QUOTE=pascal;9837]Hello,

About monitoring I really like UniAlert. It’s free, you can monitor a lot of services and they send you an email and sms (for free) alert when the state monitor change

Pascal[/QUOTE]
Is there anyway to add more than one SMS alert to an account? I guess if not I can just sign up multiple accounts to monitor the servers, but then the server is going to get getting hit with 2x as many checks when that isn’t really needed.

Yes, we have approx. 25 separate checks and appropriate sms alerts with UniAlert… it works just fine.

I decided to keep a single account (much easier to manage) and have it sent to my gmail account. I setup a filter on my gmail account to fwd any email from unialert to my cell and other emails.

It also seems the real email has more information than the SMS alert and both fit fine in a single text message. The email version has in the subject the service and port that are failing where the SMS just says one or more critical alerts have gone off.

Aaron and BFT disappeared on me halfway through July and stopped returning calls. They sold to some other company that still sends me invoices but never returns emails, and their phone is now disconnected. So I don’t know what’s going on there, but if you hear back from Aaron or anyone at BFT I would be cautious.

Pingdom is a pretty new service that works flawlessly for server monitoring. Their site is at www.pingdom.com. I’ve been using this service since they launched and its by far the best I’ve seen. (I’ve used host-tracker, hyperspin, and all the others…)

I used to be a big fan of WebSitePulse.com. I really like their features and how you can program how notifications are sent (i.e. notify this address after this many outtages, this one after this many, etc).

However after I got to a certain point it became too pricey to run and monitor at the interval that we required.

We launched our own Nagios box and I am REALLY glad that we did. There is no longer a monthly fee and I can customize the notifications however we feel best serves us.

I just now saw this, hum, I am driving distance from where their office is(was) located in the Dallas Metroplex area. I was actually going to go visit their operation before I committed. This could very well explain no mention of this service when I was at their web site a few months back, I got busy and didnt follow up with this, so I never actually have done business with them, only talked over the phone and via IM last spring. Sorry to hear this turned sour for you.

While I am not in a immediate need, I am still looking for a reliable outsource company to handle customer Support Tickets, basic server issues etc. If a service like that really exists and they know IW, I would be willing to talk to them.

bobcares - http://bobcares.com/

I heard about this on some forum if my memory is correct. Not having a need with such services, can’t give you any experience with them. May be some of them here on the iworx forum might have experiences with them to share.

They have listed almost every CP except iworx. :frowning:

“WHM and cPanel, Ikonware, Plesk, Helm, Directadmin, Ensim, Hsphere, Alabanza, Cobalt RAQ, Webmin, and Servers without control panel.”

Technical expertise - http://bobcares.com/page-35-44.html

May be you can ask if they would do it for iworx.

Most companies that we have tackled about it dont want to seem to look into.

The only company we did manage to get to actively look at it (cant remember company, will dig it out later) were wanting us to commit to Dedicated Techs (3 x 8hrs a day) which is overkill for us at the moment.

[quote=EverythingWeb;14545]Most companies that we have tackled about it dont want to seem to look into.

The only company we did manage to get to actively look at it (cant remember company, will dig it out later) were wanting us to commit to Dedicated Techs (3 x 8hrs a day) which is overkill for us at the moment.[/quote]

OH WOW! That would be a over kill for me as well.

This might sound crazy, and heck might not even be practical as I haven’t really thought this out, but I wonder if some sort of “co-op” between IW users could be set up to help each other?

http://adminonrequest.com

Good tech support and knows what is Interworkx :slight_smile: