Best Gaming Console

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Gaming Console

Now that the next generation of gaming systems has been launched and the dust settled, it's time to sound off as to what of the "current" gaming systems is the best and why.
    Sony PlayStation 3 -- The most powerfull and fature rich of the new guard, backward compatible
    12.50%
    Nintendo Wii -- Innovative and completely backward compatible to the GameCube
    25.00%
    Microsoft XBOX 360 -- The pioneer of the new guard.
    25.00%
    Sony PS2 -- No need to update yet, and a great value
    12.50%
    Nintendo GameCube -- No need to update yet, and a great value
    0.00%
    Microsoft XBOX -- Even though they don't make it anymore, I can't give up my classic games
    0.00%
    My PC -- MORE POWER!!!
    25.00%

xbox 360. The graphics and multiplayer over xbox live are untouchable.....although I'm basing that on not playing either of the other two systems..but I dont have to ;)
    Greg Swaney
    gswaney@nexcess.net
    NEXCESS.NET Internet Solutions
    http://nexcess.net

Comment

c'mon guys don't make this thing be just me vs greg -- everybody else chime in :-)

Comment

Seriously...Tim needs all the help he can get ;)
        Greg Swaney
        gswaney@nexcess.net
        NEXCESS.NET Internet Solutions
        http://nexcess.net

Comment

Well I voted WII for the concept and the gameplay, but you can't compare a Xbox360 and a WII (in fact I have both)

It's two differents philosophy !

The best is really to have both

Pascal

Comment

I say PS2. Its decent, cheap, and has a huge library.

XBoxes are decent, but when you consider PS1 games, the library for PS2 is better.

360s brick up too much. XBox live does on-line like no other, but it sucks to pay for a console, pay $60 for a game, and then pay monthly to play on-line.

Wii is awesome, but doesn't have the library yet. Too many of the Wii titles are novelty, with few really being what the Wii seems to be meant for. They are there, but not in large enough numbers yet for me to buy. This will be different in 3 months though.

PS3 is a monster with unrivaled power, but you can get more game for your buck with another system. The price is too steep, even though it is a bargan considering what it can do. From what I hear in reviews, it sounds like the PS3s power isn't really being tapped yet, so publishers might as well have released earily PS3 titles for PS2. In many cases, they are PS2 games that got pushed to PS3 by overzealous development teams.

Final Fantasy XII is arguably the best looking game on PS2. Its been said that its the first and only game to use 100% of the PS2s capability (considering that is does slow up and get choppy in rare cases, I tend to belive that). It took until October 2006 (when FF12 was released) to use the full potential. I don't want to pay $600 for power I'm not using. When the PS3 comes down in price. I'll call it the best :)

Comment

Originally posted by CMI View Post
              Wii is awesome, but doesn't have the library yet. Too many of the Wii titles are novelty, with few really being what the Wii seems to be meant for. They are there, but not in large enough numbers yet for me to buy. This will be different in 3 months though.
              FYI, the WII will alsp play GameCube games (with GCN controlers and memory cards) so the library is a bit bigger.

Yes the truely innovative ones are fewer in number but I think that's expected with a system so totally different from it's predecessors and compedators.

I'm a bit disapointed with the quantity of games so far as well, but the ones they have are AWESOME from what I've seen and hard. Nintendo is more strict in licensing than the other consoles because they want to keep the quality of the games as high as possible. Hopefully their library will grow in the next few months.

Final Fantasy XII is arguably the best looking game on PS2. Its been said that its the first and only game to use 100% of the PS2s capability
              I've heard the same of Redident Evil 4 (originally designed for GCN and then ported to PS2). Either way, yes the game developers have barely tapped what that little box can do :-)

Comment

Working...
              X