Left 4 Dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left 4 Dead?

Anyone here play Left 4 Dead? I just bought it over the weekend and I have to admit that while the single player mode leaves a bit to be desired, the multi-player more than makes up for it.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get it working in Wine very well so I had to boot back into Windows to play it. :(
    Jon Daniel
    Software Engineer
    InterWorx-CP | http://interworx.com

Never played the game but I know the pain of having to boot into a partition just for Windows games.

Comment

I'm in the process of moving all my data around and reformatting my NTFS drives to ReiserFS (it's a killer file system :D). NTFS has failed me too many times and I am really getting tired of trying to get Ubuntu to play nice with them. Basically my long term plan is to use Linux for everything and have a 120GB partition on one of my drives for Windows stuff, so this way I'll only be booting into Windows to play games and do my taxes. :P
      Jon Daniel
      Software Engineer
      InterWorx-CP | http://interworx.com

Comment

NTFS in Linux is...dicey. It's fine for read-only, but I've found that even updating atimes and mtimes can leave it in a state that Windows can't manage.

And hell, for taxes, surely Wine can manage something, right?

Comment

Im up for playing if you like :)
          hive3 Web Development & Hosting
          piers@hive3.com

Comment

Everybody knows this game is awesome. If ya don't think so, my opinion will not change your mind. However, this game is super fun and exciting and re-playable. I've owned it on three platforms and I think the steam version is the best. Tons of workshop content. Ok, there ya go. I reviewed it! Yay!

Comment

Working...
            X