Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub-domains of Pointer Domains

Hello,

Am I right in thinking that if a domain has pointer domains to it, and you create a sub-domain, the DNS records and associated 'work' isn't done to add the sub-domains for the pointer domains?

Example
    Main domain: domain.com
    Pointer Domains; domain.co.uk; domain.net

Sub-domain of: sub.domain.com
    sub.domain.co.uk & sub.domain.net DOES NOT work

Is this a known bug?

Cheers,

William
    Ledger Technologies Group Ltd - UK based dynamic group of companies that utilises existing and emerging technologies to provide data solutions for clients globally.
    EverythingWeb.Net Ltd - UK Based Website Hosting, Design & Maintenance.

The views expressed in the above messsage are purely my own and are in no way official or representative of the companies I represent.

*Shameless Bump*

Anyone else experience this?
    Ledger Technologies Group Ltd - UK based dynamic group of companies that utilises existing and emerging technologies to provide data solutions for clients globally.

The views expressed in the above messsage are purely my own and are in no way official or representative of the companies I represent.

Comment

Not sure if it's a bug or not but yes that's how it works in the current incarnation. I'll open a bug report on this too and maybe the devs can figure something out.

Comment

Hello Tim,

Thanks for the comments. It appears that neither the DNS nor the apache config is updated, so it's probably more of a feature request than a bug at this stage ;)

Although, with the impending version 3 with multi-domain hosting, I don't know how this will be achievable.

Anyways.. enough of my mumblings!

Cheers :D

Comment

Originally posted by EverythingWeb View Post

Anyways.. enough of my mumblings!

Cheers :D
          Not a problem, we always value feedback and suggestions.

Comment

Working...
          X