Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLVED - Horde webmail is not letting me login.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLVED - Horde webmail is not letting me login.

Hiya,
    After importing a cPanel account [sorry, yes again] I am able to login into roundcube, but just not able to login to Horde, after the first login, it re-directs me again to login to Horde, but no matter what browsers I use or mailboxes I try it just refuses me and come with the second Horde login screen.... Any one any suggestion why this happens?

I doens't matter what setting I use in the Nodeworx, server, settings, either Horde or Roundcube.

Nico

Hi nico

It sounds likely that there is a symbol in password which is been treated as a command symbol

I would test by changing password to no symbols and testing. If works change password to include symbols like ! £ []

I could be wrong though as your not showing a lot of details but the fact roundcube works would indicate the above

Both roundcube and horde use the same db for password

Many thanks

John

Comment

Hi John,
      that was indeed my first thought but like you said roundcube let me in, the password was re-generated again within Interworx panel to make sure it is in right format [i assumed] that was the first common sense got feeling i had to make sure cPanel passwords algorithm wouldn't mess it up, it looks like: NitWaresBowedCasket26 so no special characters in it..., but Roundcube let me straight in.

What sort of extra information would you like to see?
      Nico

Comment

Hi nico

Many thanks

I would need to think a little

Could you manually change the password to max 8 alphanumeric password. No symbols from the siteworx account.

Please let me know if this works

Are all other email accounts able to use horde

Many thanks

John

Comment

Hi John,
          Had to bring the setting for passwords all way down to allow just 8 characters, but no login Horde and again Roundcube was no problem.
          I am going to get a cup of coffee and wonder what is wrong, if it is this imported cPanel account, perhaps i can use a free domain and create a new user with new mailbox to see if the issue is still the same or that the migrated cPanel is troubling me.

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated, back soon with results of testing.
          It's a shame I like the Interworx a lot, but email is the most important migration issue, it will kill the migration to this platform.

Comment

Hi nico

Many thanks

What IW-CP version are you using

What distro are you using

Is it dedicated or VPS

Please do not give up, at the very least you can open a support ticket direct with IW support and let them see whatís happening. However, it maybe Monday before IW support have a look unless it is critical

I have an idea as to what it maybe, but will test now on latest IW RC running centos 7 to see if I can replicate your issue

Many thanks

John

Comment

Interesting, the cPanel import has imported the caldav(s) and carddav(s) zone records, and those where pointing to the old server and I think [not sure] they might been used for Horde calendar functions.. I deleted them.

Comment

Hi John,
                I am running CentOS v7 with xfs quota enabled, and for as far I know latest IW v6.3.1.5 [Release]. I have created it on a VMware VPS.
                Haven't found out yet how to force update like cPanel :-)
                Kind regards,
                Nico

Comment

Hi Nico

Ahh I think it might be your DNS then.

If you delete your dns cache from computer and browser and test again

I was unable to replicate issue but then I do not have a Cpanel to import. Our clients imported Cpanel without issues though. - see picture

If it is a DNS import not taken care from Cpanel, then IW would be very interested to see sight of backup from cpanel and test, so that it can be fixed moving forward. IW are very keen to have Cpanel import run smoothly as possible.

I could let you test import onto one of our servers, and see whats happened - no DNS needs making live as we make adjustment local to test domain. However, it does sound likely that you have found the issue

To upgrade IW (no force needed unless you SSH into server), goto nodeworx, server, software update and select Interworx Update Channel.

We always set Distro update to disabled (prefer to so at time that suits us better) but have IW set to Release Candidate on test server and production set to stable. When IW updates, test first then if all good, change produciton to Release Candidate, update and then set back to Stable on production servers. Please only use Beta on non production servers and Beta cannot be downgraded to Release Candidate or Stable.

The difference between Release candidate and stable is a timing of the updates been pushed out from Beta, so Beta maybe a week with latest updates, RC maybe 3 weeks and Stable maybe 8 weeks (time periods are not accurate sorry, just used to show difference). The idea is any niggles can be resolved fully before hitting Stable update rollout.

Please let us know how you get on

Many thanks

John

Comment

Hi John,
                    Thanks for that information, the server installed itself with Interworx Update Channel Release [default]

I hope your right and that it is only a matter of cache....

cPanel seems to use a way higher version of Horde than IW.

rpm -qa | grep roundcube
                    cpanel-roundcubemail-1.3.7-3.cp1176.noarch
                    rpm -qa | grep horde
                    cpanel-php72-horde-5.2.18-5.cp1176.noarch
                    cpanel-php72-horde-lz4-1.0.10-4.cp1176.x86_64

IW:
                    rpm -qa | grep interworx
                    interworx-roundcube-1.3.6-1683.iworx.noarch
                    interworx-horde-5.2.17-1683.iworx.noarch

Kind regards,
                    Nico

Comment

Hi Nicol

Many thanks

IW versions look to be 1 version behind but with the difference that IW will have made changes to default.

I do think your right about horde and the extra dns records

A simple test would be to create a new mail user using same domain, which should not use extra dns records.

Test using that account

Also, as this is slightly different, please open a support ticket with IW using nodeworx, remote support and open the IW remote support, fill out the IW ticket and also state I asked you to open ticket.

IW Support are excellent and will keep you informed but as it is non critical, it would be Monday as they are USA time zone

I will let IW know about this post as well

I hope thatís alright but please let us know how it goes

Many thanks

John

Comment

Hi John,
                        Will contact support tomorrow.
                        Nico
                        Last edited by Nico; 07-27-2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Added a new user this morning, but problem still exist, seems not related to what we thought.

Comment

Hi nico

Many thanks

It has to be something unique to your setup I think

If you want to pm me your domain, create a new email and let me know username and password, I can run a check from here to make sure itís not your computer

I do not work for IW and do not receive any payment. I help because itís the best CP I have seen (all CP have issues though)

Did you open the support ticket with IW. If so, it would be Monday as non critical

Many thanks

John

Comment

Hi Nico

The below would not fix Horde but help with system PHP

As your using Centos 7, you may or may not be running the latest system PHP (system PHP is different to IW PHP and siteworx PHP) and if using softaculous, using default installed Centos 7 system PHP would be too old (for some reason it installs PHP 5.4) so below instructions would upgrade system PHP to 7.3.7.

Please note I do not accept responsibility so you decide if you want to upgrade at your own risk.

Many thanks

John

SSH into server and run as root or sudo

php -v (if shown as PHP 7 you do not need to run the below commands, if PHP 5.4 it is best to upgrade)

wget -q http://rpms.remirepo.net/enterprise/remi-release-7.rpm

wget -q https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epe...t-7.noarch.rpm

rpm -i remi-release-7.rpm epel-release-latest-7.noarch.rpm

yum-config-manager --enable remi-php73

yum install php

service httpd restart

php -v
                              PHP 7.3.7 (cli) (built: Jul 3 2019 11:30:22) ( NTS )
                              Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
                              Zend Engine v3.3.7, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies

logout of SSH

Comment

Working...
                              X