Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLVED - Horde webmail is not letting me login.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi nico

Sorry a thought came to me

Have you fully restarted server or vps to make sure itís not got hung up

Many thanks

John

Comment

Hi John,
      Sorry was installing CSF as I used that firewall on my cPanels and it has so much more options... so got a bit distracted. :-)
      I have submitted 2 tickets, one for the zone files and one for Horde, I am going to restart the server now.
      Nico

Comment

Hi John,
        Server reboot did not help either, I am waiting for America to wake up and get some support,
        Is there no support at all during the weekends?
        Nico

Comment

Originally posted by d2d4j View Post
          Hi Nico

The below would not fix Horde but help with system PHP

As your using Centos 7, you may or may not be running the latest system PHP (system PHP is different to IW PHP and siteworx PHP) and if using softaculous, using default installed Centos 7 system PHP would be too old (for some reason it installs PHP 5.4) so below instructions would upgrade system PHP to 7.3.7.

Please note I do not accept responsibility so you decide if you want to upgrade at your own risk.

Many thanks

John

SSH into server and run as root or sudo

php -v (if shown as PHP 7 you do not need to run the below commands, if PHP 5.4 it is best to upgrade)

wget -q http://rpms.remirepo.net/enterprise/remi-release-7.rpm

wget -q https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epe...t-7.noarch.rpm

rpm -i remi-release-7.rpm epel-release-latest-7.noarch.rpm

yum-config-manager --enable remi-php73

yum install php

service httpd restart

php -v
          PHP 7.3.7 (cli) (built: Jul 3 2019 11:30:22) ( NTS )
          Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
          Zend Engine v3.3.7, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies

logout of SSH
          Hi John, mine is indeed 5.4.16, is this version installed by Softaculous, as I notice it comes default installed by Interworx, or is it the default php of IW?
          Nico

Comment

Hi nico

Good question with a simple answer, which took me time to fully grasp myself sorry

System PHP is the php version the distro installs. On centos 6, it is php 5.6 but centos 7, it is php 5.4.

IW installs its own php version for IW and gives you the option once IW installed, to install/use multi php versions - ranging from php 5.4 to 7.3.7 - these are the versions you can assign to siteworx accounts

Softaculous does not install php, instead it detects the system php version which currently must be php 5.6 or higher. Softaculous does not detect the siteworx php version

I have no idea why centos 7 installs php 5.4 sorry

I hope that makes it clearer

Many thanks

John

Comment

Hi nico

IW support does not work weekends unless it is critical but you may still have to wait.

When opening a support ticket with IW from website, you can chose to set high priority but it does need to be critical

We have been using IW since 2012, and touch wood, never had to raise high priority support as it just works.

There is also a lot of information to fix most things already in forums here and very knowledgeable users who do help where they can.

Also, if licence purchased from a reseller, they are where you raise support unless asked to open support ticket from here on forums

IW cannot help if there is any hardware issues or third party products installed which are not part of IW. However, IW support are one of the best I have ever used, respond very quickly and are very accommodating with good feedback

Here in uk, they are about 5 - 7 hours behind GMT time

Many thanks

John

Comment

Hi John,

- Looking in the iworx-install.log , it is IW what installs this PHP v5.4, and they seem to use it for their panel....
                - MySQL doesn't allow me to login with mysql -p it gives me the famous error: ERROR 1045 (28000): access denied for user 'root@localhost' using password: YES
                - Horde on cpanel uses sqlite per user, Horde on IW uses mysql it seems, perhaps that the reason why it goes wonky with the Horde webmail.

I will wait for support and their findings, perhaps by the evening I know more.
                Nico

Comment

Hi nico

IW Support will be in touch very soon. They will definitely find the reason

Good catch on log, I should have asked that at beginning sorry but I am slow sorry

That sounds like old MySQL hash from v4 to v5

IW use mariaDB on centos 7 with MySQL v5 installed for siteworx users.

You can upgrade MySQL to mariaDB but let me check which versions we use. Think itís mariaDB over v10

Please let IW Support resolve horde first

Yes some parts of IW use php 5.4 currently - this is not the same as system php and IW are working towards php 7.2 for IW-CP but have to go careful with all the versions they support

IW allows sys admins control over distro whereas CPanel does not. So IW will have mixture of versions from v3 upto latest running on centos 4/5 upto 7

Please let us know how you get on

Many thanks

John

Comment

They didn't find the reason but where able to have the same error produced on a new server.

Comment

Hi nico

That sounds like it been moved forward but may not be what you wanted to hear

The reason why I say that is it is present at first install, so I would think devs would certainly be involved in finding whatís gone wrong and they donít need to keep bothering you/your server.

Once it is fully known/understood a quick fix would I think be pushed out

Please keep us informed and I will if I hear anything but Iím sure IW-Jenna would update here as well

Many thanks

John

Comment

Hi nico

IW-Jenna has let me know this has been resolved and a bug report sent to devs

Please could you confirm

For anyone who has this issue, ssh into server and run as root or sudo ~iWorx/bin/cvspermfix.pex

It was a permissions issue which above resets

Kudos to IW

Many thanks

John

Comment

Hi John,
                          Yes that script solved it for me, but not sure if I have to run it again for a new imported cPanel account, I assume it will be going in the bug fixes and applied to server updates.
                          Nico

Comment

Hi nico

Many thanks

No it just needed to be run once as the perms are set upon first install of IW

The import of CPanel accounts would not change perms on IW horde etc... so you would have had the horde issue even if you had not imported from CPanel but created a new siteworx account.

It has been a long time since I last used cvspermsfix but I should have remembered and suggested running that sorry. I think I was getting tied up in CPanel importing and the extra horde dns entries you stated.

You can though, run it whenever you want as it would not do any harm

The bug fix would be applied to all new installs and not current working systems

So anyone with a horde issue currently would need to run the command to fix it. However, it saves them time contacting support if they check on the forums first

Thatís another reason I like interworx, open honest and I think most of posts are of real value

Kudos to IW

Many thanks

John

Comment

Great, so how do I get Solved in the thread title :-)

Comment

Hi nico

Haha good question

I do not think you can sorry or you maybe able to as you were the thread starter

Most just usually post solved or thank you and leave or just leave post as is

I’ll try to edit title but mostly I use Tapatalk which may not have function but will check tommorow from a computer

Hope you enjoy IW and decide to go with IW

Have a good read round the forums here as there are a lot of excellent tips

Many thanks

John

Tapatalk did have title edit so marked solved for you
                                Last edited by d2d4j; 07-30-2019, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X