Auto-Login

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to send a full URL link to SiteWorx to automagicaly log a client into their control panel?

Or does anyone have suggestions on doing this, short of having hidden from fields post to the page?

Many thanks,
William

It’s not at this time William. The system requires a POST in the current version but there’s no reason it can’t accept a GET request to do the login, so we’ll get it changed.

Chris

Hello Chris,

Great news, if that can be done as an alternative login method, it may stop some of our customers winging they have to remember more places and username/password.

:smiley:

Cheers :slight_smile:

Yes that would be nice.

You can have a hidden form, and link that uses javascript to submit the form, which would be very similar. I had this code a while back - If anyone is interested, I can probably dig it up :slight_smile:

Hi Fr3d,

Thanks for the comments. I had considered going that route, but as this is ‘auto-login form’ is part of a heavily customised Modernbill V4, I don’t want to bloat the code anymore than it already is :rolleyes:

I will probably have a look at the Javascript option as a stop-gap measure, so if you would be kind enough to share, that would be great.

Once we have our ModernBill customised to include Auto-login for Interworx, we shall post up some screenshots.

Cheers,
William

It’s a single line that goes in the <a> tag (or a button), not a large block :wink:

Edit:

<form name="login" id="login" action="">
<input type="hidden" name="username" value="their_username_here" />
<input type="hidden" name="password" value="their_password_here" />
<input type="button" name="submit" id="submit" value="Button Text Here" onclick="document.login.submit();" />
</form>

I couldn’t find the code, so I rewrote it. It should work, although it might need a little modification. If it doesn’t work, let me know and I’ll fix it :slight_smile:

Has this ever been implemented? Or does anyone know how to do this from WHMCS?

Hi Michael

I think you would be better to ask this in whmcs forums.

My own personal thoughts are that I do not like autologon, but I appreciate others have different views.

Interestingly, if you reverse the method, and perhaps have siteworx access the users whmcs account, as I remember there is an addon for whmcs to allow many different systems connect to whmcs, but I have never tried it and it’s only my assumption as to how that addon works.

Sorry if I’m wrong

Many thanks

John

Hi John,

my question is iworx-specific, the guys at WHMCS wouldn’t know anything about how to auto-login to iworx. And since iworx-chris anwered the OP with “so we’ll get it changed” I wondered if this has ever been done and if so, if and how we can use that to make our customer lives much easier.

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael

Sorry, to me it’s still a whmcs question for their forum or dev team.

I understood IW Chris just made a change which would allow get as well as post, to hide the credentials. IW did not make any forms or changes to implement the one time logon.

It should be easy for whmcs or a dev to create the link though, as all that’s needed is the username, password and domain name, exactly as you would see if going to the siteworx logon.

I suppose if all were within same node or on same server, could make lock it to ip or similar.

I hope it helps a little but I’m sorry if I’m wrong.

Many thanks

John