subdomain.mysite.com redirects to mysite.com/subdomain, why?

Hello.
I ve just created a subdomain for subdomain.mysite.com and see that when I type that exact url I m redirected over mysite.com/subdomain while I dont want this to happen.
Is there anything I can do except creating a secondary domain for subdomain.mysite.com ?

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I’ve run into the same issue.

Cheers,
Brad

Couldn’t you just edit the vhost file manually to add a new subdomain?

Sorry for the lack of knowledge here, but where exactly would I find the vhost file? Is it somewhere in the control panel?

That is an option only users and resellers cant reach that far.

I have those access levels, but where do I find the vhost file?

/etc/httpd/conf.d/

Sorry
I have not knowledge of this

same problem here!

i think it’s a bug

I ve just created a subdomain for subdomain.mysite.com and see that when I type that exact url I m redirected over mysite.com/subdomain while I dont want this to happen.

Where do you want it to point? If you delete the html/subdomain directory, I believe it will just point to the files at mysite.com instead.

Paul

I m still having this issues.
Even though I create a subdomain like x.mysite.com
when I type in I m redirected to www.mysite.com/x which is not how a subdomain should look like.

This behavior typically can be triggered by custom .htaccess provided by the Joomla and WordPress applications. A way to get around this would be be to create the subdomains as secondary domains instead.

We also running in to this issue. @iworx_dan your workaround will not work when you do NOT have a unlimited license. Maybe there should be choice to where to make this subdomain?

a ‘subdomain’ is just a subfolder in parent domains root with a dns CNAME record and a 301 htaccess rewrite in the parent domain root.
check that these are correkt.