WordPress Password Retrieval | IW 4.2.7 | Running under suPHP

On all my IW servers when WordPress is installed and you use the WordPress Password Retrieval system, the system sends out the password reset email to the email address on file. Then when click on that link to reset one’s password for your WordPress login and you change your password and then click the “Reset Password” button all my users are taken to the 403 Forbidden page with this warning

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /wp-login.php on this server.
Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) Server at www.yourdomainnamehere.com Port 80

I am running these IW servers under suPHP last version of PHP (5.2.17) & IW (4.7.2)

Some copies of WordPress are installed manually, most of them using Softaculous. Other than the password reset, WordPress runs fine, have not noticed any other issues.

Just a FYI, I have many WordPress sites on cPanel and most of those on cPanel have been installed using Softaculous. And the Password Retrieval works fine. Those cPanel WordPress installs are also running under suPHP.

Any one else having this problem?

This issue was eventually resolved but to future people seeking assistance with the same problem - BulletProof WP plugin puts an .htaccess file in the html directory that causes this behavior. We were able to correct the issue after we swapped R-n-R’s .htaccess file with a non-Bulletproof one.