E-Mail User Change Their Own Password

Is it possible for people who have e-mail accounts to be able to change their own passwords without having a SiteWorx login?

Yes, both webmail clients that come included with InterWorx (Horde & Squirrelmail) have password changing functionality.

I could not find it in SquirrelMail.

It’s not hidden Oaf, it’s under “options” -> “change password”. It should be in the same spot as your local squirrelmail install that you had setup.

Chris

It’s not there.

Can you make me an e-mail account and send me the login info so I can login to squirrelmail and check it out?

Chris

Check your private messages.

Just did, and responded. It looks like your local install of squirrelmail is at the /webmail addres and not iworx’s. When I got to iworx’s URL for squirrelmail and login it’s there and works fine.

Chris

I almost have it…

InterWorx uses Change mySQLPassword to change passwords in SquirrelMail.

So I copied that plugin’s config file. However, I get one error:

Warning: parse_ini_file(): Cannot open ‘/home/interworx/iworx.ini’ for reading in /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/change_mysqlpass/config.php on line 14

How can I fix that?

chmod 644 /home/interworx/iworx.ini

This isn’t recommended on a shared server as it exposes all db passwords to any snoopers but it will make your squirrelmail installation function. Better would be to use iworx’s squirrelmail or to tweak the perms/user/group on the iworx.ini file to better suit the caller.

Chris

Well… considering I don’t need any passwords exposed 644 probably wouldn’t be the best thing.

Couldn’t I just install Change MySQL Password on my SquirrelMail installation? Would that even work? Looking at installing it seems VERY complicated.

There has to be a way to do this. It’s not really an option to migrate over to the InterWorx system now. My SquirrelMail install has been in use for over a year and my customers and their clients just aren’t going to understand why they have to lose all their settings and e-mails.

If memory serves me right I think an iworx staff member recommended I install my own system for webmail because Horde was proven to “suck”.

Also, I don’t think migrating to the InterWorx SquirrelMail system makes sense considering it’s hosed. Compare http://www.shortconsulting.com/squirrelmail/src/login.php with http://shortconsulting.com/squirrelmail/src/login.php

But, if migrating could be accomplished with NO loss of user data I’d be all over it.

change the mysql pass on your squirrelmail installation?

There has to be a way to do this. It’s not really an option to migrate over to the InterWorx system now. My SquirrelMail install has been in use for over a year and my customers and their clients just aren’t going to understand why they have to lose all their settings and e-mails.

Read the squirrelmail docs Oaf, there are ways to migrate preferences if you’re up to the task but if you feel more comfortable using your custom install that’s obviously fine.

The mail messages are of course no problem since it’s IMAP backed.

If memory serves me right I think an iworx staff member recommended I install my own system for webmail because Horde was proven to “suck”.

Your memory doesn’t serve then Oaf, we picked horde because we like it and have never downplayed this. We told you to install your own (in this post: http://interworx.info/forums/showthread.php?t=30) because you wanted webmail on port 80 before iworx supported this. It does now.

Also, I don’t think migrating to the InterWorx SquirrelMail system makes sense considering it’s hosed. Compare shortconsulting.com with shortconsulting.com

Hosed? those 2 URLs look the same to me as does the main squirrelmail URL: https://shortconsulting.com:2443/squirrelmail/src/login.php. There’s nothing “hosed” about it Oaf, but again, I’d recommend for you to stay with what you think works on this one. No reason to switch things around if your clients are happy even if it is feasible.

Chris

You and I never see the same the thing when it comes to SquirrelMail it seems.

I’ll look into migration.

EDIT: How quickly you’ve forgotten the whole point of this thread.

I think there is a bug in squirrelmail where it will error if you have two squirrelmail installs on the same domain. The first install that you log into will work, but the cookie from the first install causes an error when you try to view the second install.

If you delete your squirrelmail cookie or use a different browser I think you’ll see that fixes any errors you see with the second squirrelmail install you view.

Ah… That makes sense.

I did a search of the documentation and couldn’t anything about migration.

And my mouse is dead now… Guess I’ll have to get another one.

Don’t think I need a new thread for this, is it easy to set up horde in a folder or a subdomain of a domain instead of having a uaser have to use the sitework install?

I have clients that don’t use webmail for the reason the URL is hard to remember blah blah, either way if its possiable with all the features of the siteworx version I wouldl like to do it.

Horde should be available (on IWorx-CP 1.8.1+) at http://yourdomain/webmail godboko. You can also install Horde on your own but I wouldn’t recommend it as when iworx-cp is updated you won’t get the new Horde updates.

Chris

I don’t read all the discussion but my question is related to webmails.

In horde, is it possible for the client to changer their account to simple redirection and to enter their adress.

If not, do you know soft that do this

Thanks

paperclips, I’m not sure what you mean by ‘simple redirection’. Horde can basically act as a reader and simple rule engiine. It has vacation messages as well but nothing regarding redirection.

Chris

In siteworx, we can make email alias.

Can the users makes their email adress an alias instead of a mail box?

Thanks