.htaccess in file mananger

I try to find .htacces file on file manager but not only the .htacces all orther extension file .* are not list on siteworx file manager.
It is possible to show the .htacces file in the list of file manager ?

Hi vibol

I’m sorry, if htaccess has not created, it will not be shown.

There are 2 methods to create htaccess, either manually or within siteworx. If it helps, I’ll post a pic here to show where it is created in siteworx but it will be within the hour.

The other files not shown, I’m sorry, I’m not too sure which files your meaning.

I know a lot of users are not too happy with the current file manager and interworx are looking into it.

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

Hi Vibol

Please see pic for htaccess creation in siteworx, and I’m sorry, I checked the file manager on our systems, and it shows all file extentions i.e. html, txt etc.

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;25130]Hi Vibol

Please see pic for htaccess creation in siteworx, and I’m sorry, I checked the file manager on our systems, and it shows all file extentions i.e. html, txt etc.

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Yeah… !! really thz you i had also used this to but it won’t help if i need to move the .htaccess or other file.
It really suggest that please improve the file manager because it very important for me especially for my client.
I accept that we can use ftp but you know ftp seen doesn’t nice… it have something the we don’t like. we are familiar on buld-in file manager.
Sorry for my English, I’m come from cambodia Say hello to world and hello to Interworx. :smiley:

once more think. The other file that file manager don’t show is something like .htaccess .etc .whatever. I mean file that have extension only

Hi Vibol

I’m sorry, yes I understand now and please see pics to allow to show hidden files, which should resolve your issue on filemanager.

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;25132]Hi Vibol

I’m sorry, yes I understand now and please see pics to allow to show hidden files, which should resolve your issue on filemanager.

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Wow Really thz you this is very helpful XD. your rock man

Before reading this post I had no idea, I’ve been looking for htaccess file desperately and couldn’t find it. Later I came to know that there is already a file but its hidden.
Now after enabling “show hidden files” I can see my htaccess file (although this article about how to edit WordPress htaccess file https://www.experthoot.com/edit-wordpress-htaccess-file/ helped me a lot about basics ).
I wanted to edit some Wordpress configurations of one of my website (which is using InterWorks control panel) and Thanks to d2dj4 for his fine explanation.

Thanks for sharing the link, It was indeed as amazing article! Thanks for the share man!

Regards

Hi mormak

It is not IW-CP which is crashing your blog but the htaccess edit you made

You would best advised to turn on full error in php/or program you use for blog to see the reason or review the hosting error log

Many thanks

John

Go to File Manager (Files Section) Click the top-right Settings button. Then on the Preferences window, check the option Show Hidden Files (dotfiles) Confirm the action by clicking the Save button