Outlook 2013

Has anyone else had issues with Outlook 2013 connecting to Siteworx domains via IMAP? I’m seeing this fairly consistently. Every folder but the Inbox will sync correctly but the Inbox stays empty. I haven’t done any packet sniffing but that may be needed.

Based on what I’ve read, there are a lot of people having this issue with Outlook 2013 and IMAP on all kinds of IMAP servers so I don’t think it’s an Interworx specific issue necessarily but was hoping someone had a workaround.

Hi lineman

I hope you don’t mind, and I’m sorry I don’t have outlook 2013, but if I have read correctly, all folders except inbox display emails, so I’m thinking the following

Does it sync and display correctly if you just sync to inbox only (might have a limitation)

If you setup a new folder, and place email in it, sync, does it display as expected. If so, why not just set a email rule to send email to this folder.

I hope you don’t mind my thoughts and sorry if I am wrong

Many thanks

John

I just tried syncing a siteworx email account in IMAP mode using Outlook 2013, indeed inbox is empty and the rest of the folders are fine… i stopped using outlook 2013 many months ago and opted for eM Client, a real good alternative, mainly due to syncing doesn’t work well with my GMail on Outlook. If this is for personal usage, i suggest eM Client as it doesn’t have IMAP issue, sync well with all my email accounts GMail, Outlook.com, all other IMAP accounts…

Hi Shyuan,

Try to set “INBOX” for IMAP root folder in the settings, it worked for me in Outlook 2013!

Gabor.