redirect to ip with port #

Anyone know how to setup a simple redirect? The pointer feature doesnt allow ip/port (this should be added as a feature)

Tried setting up sub domain test.ur.com, then created an A record with test.url.com to redirect to ip, then created srv record to add port to ip, didnt work:(

Hi simchippy

Sorry, your post is not very clear.

Are you wanting to point an A record to an IP address and specific port

If you, if the domain is in your server and ns are pointed at your server, it should be straight forward.

Also, if testing, you need to have correct control over dns and ns for actual domain, but I’m guessing you know this sorry.

Many thanks

John

I’m looking for the simplest way to add a forwarder from my domain hosted with sitworx to another server via ip with custom port number. So for example my domain is abc.com, i want to setup a forwarder to a security cam server so when i type in security.abc.com it forwards to the cam server ip:port. I’ve done this with exchange servers and security or pm servers in cpanel but can’t figure it out in siteworx. The challenge seems to be including a custom port with the ip. I found a post recommending using an srv record but like I said I couldnt get it working.

Hi simchippy

Many thanks, and I believe you just add the SRV record only, which when referenced, will forward to correct host with correct port.

Also, depending upon if your on stable, release or release candidate, SRV records were added after beta testing, but may only be in candidate release update so far for the siteworx admin to be able to set these records up.

If you have subdomain, you need to set siteworx to that subdomain, before been able to add, change etc from siteworx.

If I have chance, I’ll post the link so you can see, but it’s shown in mekie post.

Many thanks

John

Hi Simchimppy

Sorry, I think I understand your post a little more now and guess your webcam does not have its own FQDN.

In this instance, I would not bother setting a subdomain in full, I would complete as follows:

Create a new A record called cam.domain.url (set the IP address to your external IP where the webcam is)
Create a new SRV record, called mycam.domain.url, and make the target to be cam.domain.url, clearly using the correct port you need to use.

This then should work I believe, although I have no way of testing it sorry.

Many thanks

John