Moving SSL site from shared IP to dedicated IP

I’m trying to move my domain, which is currently on my shared server IP and uses a SSL cert, to a dedicated IP. When I edit the siteworx account from within nodeworx and select the dedicated IP, it switches IPs but my domain shows SSL errors. It actually shows my domain as using the self signed SSL of another domain from another reseller account. What is the proper way to move my SSL domain to a dedicated IP?

Hi vertical

I suspect it might be too late given your post, but I would have copied all from SSL including private key and pasted them onto new ip siteworx

As it is, it’s most likely easier to start afresh and grab the new cert from SA - SSL provider.

Make sure you delete your current SSL from shared on the SSL.

Actually, if you’ve still got the CSR and Certs, you could try to use them but it would most likely fail on private key been different.

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

Ok, so the idea is to assign the dedicated IP first, then generate the CSR and install the cert?

Hi vertical

Sorry, you can do it that way, perhaps the best method but of you still have available the private key, csr and cert plus chains, it is possible to assign a dedicated ip to the domain, and recreate the current SSL setup by inserting the private key, csr cert and chains.

Remember to delete the original or you could cause confusion.

If these are not available, best then to start afresh

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

I do have all the PK, Cert and CSR so I’ll give that a shot. If not, I’ll start from scratch and assign the IP first. :slight_smile:

Thanks John!