Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you please open a support ticket here:
    https://secure.interworx.info/support/helpdesk/

Some of those errors need to be dealt with, and it'd be best if we could get remote access to the server.

Thanks,

Paul
    Paul Oehler
    InterWorx-CP | http://interworx.com
    InterWorx Control Panel

Comment

Paul, done, In addition I put the link in that ticket to the ensim backup file...

Thanks!

Comment

So welcome in the iworx world :)

About the schedule backups :
        Yet interworx CP does not allow you to schedule a backup, but You may test to create an interworx-cp backup by using a cron job with this command :

Code:
        /home/interworx/bin/php -c /home/interworx/etc backup.php --domain=domain.tld --siteworx
        (not sure it works)

It should allow you to do a full siteworx account backup for the domain.tld (--domain=thedomainehere.tld)

I don't know a way to create a full backup of all siteworx account in one shot and even if I knew it I wouldn't do it, as the backup process (gzip) take a lot of cpu usage, so it really better to not backup all siteworx account in one shot :)

Pascal

Comment

Socheat told me that a backup COULD be CRONed, and this looks a lot like the command he had me run when I beta tested fromthem several months ago. I didn't have to specify the config file though.

Socheat, care to chime in here and clairify?

Comment

I also used it several months ago but don't remember the exact command :\

This command is what there is in "ps -axf" when you launch a full siteworx backup

So Paul , Socheat ?

Pascal

Comment

Technically, both of you are correct (Tim and Pascal).

The command I gave Tim was "./backup.pex --domain=domain.tld --siteworx" This pex file does a few things, one of which sets the php config file. What we had in mind was for people to run the backup.pex file in a cronjob, but if you wanted to show all the details, Pascal's command would work too.
              Socheat Sou
              InterWorx Control Panel

Comment

My solution should but it doesn't :-p

/home/interworx/bin/php -c /home/interworx/etc backup.php --domain=domain.tld --siteworx

doesn't work !!!

but "/home/interworx/bin/backup.pex --domain=carat-hosting.com --siteworx" works well

Thanks Socheat

Comment

Siteworx users can't create a cron job (within siteworx cron job option) with this line :
                  /home/interworx/bin/backup.pex --domain=carat-hosting.com --siteworx
                  There is a permission pbm :
                  /bin/sh: line 1: /home/interworx/bin/backup.pex: Permission denied
                  here is the cron job I created under the siteworx account carathos :
                  30 23 * * * /home/interworx/bin/backup.pex --domain=carat-hosting.com --siteworx
                  Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by pascal
                    Siteworx users can't create a cron job (within siteworx cron job option) with this line :

There is a permission pbm :

here is the cron job I created under the siteworx account carathos :

Pascal
                    I had to su - iworx when I did this. But Socheat has since told me that it was no longer necessary and root could do it too.

How about creating a ssh script and having the the webmaster put in a cron as the root user.

Or, here's a feature request: set it up so that NodeWorx can also do cron jobs (run as the iworx user).

I'm going to test this and see if it works for me :-)

Comment

yes tim, I know it works under iworx user but the I thought it may work under siteworx users as told by socheat

What we had in mind was for people to run the backup.pex file in a cronjob
                      About your advise
                      How about creating a ssh script and having the the webmaster put in a cron as the root user.
                      Yep, but I have a lot of client :\
                      So doing this meant : create a different SSH script by domain and send to ALL my client the link of the their corresponding script :\

Much better if the backup process could be automaticly set as a cron job by sireworx accounts themself

Pascal

Comment

I've been out of town for a while.

I actually prefer webmins backup program because of its automation capability, but I have a question, if I use it, what all has to be backed up to restore nodeworx and siteworx?

I take full database and site backups every night, I also use webmin to back up all config files such as apache, is there anything else I would be missing?

Comment

Originally posted by bluesin
                          I've been out of town for a while.

I actually prefer webmins backup program because of its automation capability, but I have a question, if I use it, what all has to be backed up to restore nodeworx and siteworx?

I take full database and site backups every night, I also use webmin to back up all config files such as apache, is there anything else I would be missing?
                          Be carefull using Webmin on an InterWorx server, it's easy to break something. Webmin's backup may back up the basics of what the server needs to get it running, but InterWorx will not recognize it if you have to restore from it. InterWorx stores info about each SiteWorx account in a database which Webmin would not know to back up.

Comment

Originally posted by pascal
                            Much better if the backup process could be automaticly set as a cron job by sireworx accounts themself
                            Does the siteworx user have access to all of the files it would need to back up?

Comment

After I took a look at Webmin, Tim is correct. There are many settings in the Interworx internal DB's that Webmin may not backup. Even if you did tell Webmin to backup the Interworx db's, it wouldn't be as simple as restoring them. The current siteworx backups contain an ini file that store account related information to direct the restore process. Without this information, it would be a very long and tedious manual restore process, even if you had all the right data.

We've recently come up with a good solution to automating SiteWorx backups, and this feature will be added very soon. :)
                              Socheat Sou
                              InterWorx Control Panel

Comment

Originally posted by timryberg
                                Does the siteworx user have access to all of the files it would need to back up?
                                I realize now that backup.pex needs to run as the iworx user. A detail I forgot to consider, which prevents SiteWorx users from adding it to their crontab. But, as I said in my previous post, we've come up with a solution and will be coding it soon.
                                Socheat Sou
                                InterWorx Control Panel

Comment

Working...
                                X