Add on domain

I can’t add more domain on the account although it is set to unlimited. How can i fix this? I only have option to add pointer domain but not the secondary domain option

Hi lossehelin

What version of IW are you using

What is your distro

Is this a full licence

Is this a vps

Is it possible you could take a screenshot and post in forum

When you created the siteworx account, did you include all domain features

Many thanks

John

Hi lossehelin

Sorry, can you confirm the ip used for siteworx account is a shared ip and not a dedicated ip

Many thanks

John

i am using centos 6 64bit
interworx v5.0.18 LIMITED
10 domain license
dedicated server
all domain fatures included.
i have only one ip.

will post a pic when i can.

Hi lossehelin

Many thanks

Please can you check your ip status from nodeworx server settings IP management.

Here it will tell you if it is set as shared or dedicated.

I suspect it might be set to dedicated, which means you can only host 1 domain on the ip.

If this is correct, change the ip to shared, and you can host more then 1 website.

Many thanks

John

ah that was it thanks.i missed that bit. :slight_smile:

Hi lossehelin

Glad it’s resolved.

You may want to look through the forum for features you can install like bfd, maldetect etc, which helps secure and protect your system

Many thanks

John

actually scratch that… didn’t work… i just relogged and i dont see the secondary domain option … :S

Hi lossehelin

Oh dear

If you check nodeworx siteworx accounts click manage ip link for your siteworx account, does this show as shared

If it does, then the siteworx account is correctly set for shared ip hosting

If it still shows as dedicated, I would be tempted for quickness, to delete the siteworx account and create a new siteworx account

If it is correctly set as shared for IP address, and you mean the secondary domain is not shown as an option on the menu from the left hand side, then I would open a support ticket with your license provider

First though, so I am clear, you need to log into the siteworx account to add the secondary domain. You cannot add a secondary domain from nodeworx

Siteworx hosting features domains secondary

I apologise in advance if this is how you have been trying to add the secondary domain.

Also, incase you were trying to add from nodeworx and the above allows you to add a secondary domain, you access the secondary domain from the siteworx account, top, it states - managing domain (change domain) here you change to the primary or secondary domains.

Many thanks

John

thanks john.

When i click manage ip on the user name it shows as shared. I have created another user to test it but it is the same problem.
I guess u have to create a ticket then, the secondary option just does not come up…

Hi lossehelin

Oh dear sorry to hear that.

Please open a ticket with your license provider as everything you’ve done appears correct.

I’m thinking it might be a restriction in the license but we only have full unbranded licenses, but we were that impressed we are not rebranding. IW name helps a lot with sales.

Many thanks

John

Not sure how you had a 10 domain license InterWorx only does Unlimited domains or 35 domains.

Wonder if it’s got something to do with this bug which is for SNI or when importing and the IP doesn’t work but it’s worth a go I suppose:

Right now the work around is to create a dummy local IP that is dedicated, and then import using that IP address.
Then change the ip to the shared IP in NodeWorx -> SiteWorx -> Manage IPs.

If it’s not that which it probably isn’t then it could be this… Do you have two IPs?

Set one as Shared and one as Dedicated.

Then add both to the Manage IPs, make the Dedicated as the main one.

Then go to SiteWorx > Domains > Secondary Domains > Shared IP | domain.com and save. It should save and then at the top change the domain.

the 10 domain license is provided by delimiter for their dedicated servers. As for the rest of the solutions i will try when i get back home.

I only have 1 ipv4 ip an there is a ipv6 to which i dont use.

[QUOTE=lossehelin;27265]the 10 domain license is provided by delimiter for their dedicated servers. As for the rest of the solutions i will try when i get back home.

I only have 1 ipv4 ip an there is a ipv6 to which i dont use.[/QUOTE]

I’d move to a better provider if they are limiting you to 10 domains when there’s no such license… TheSkySpace are good.

Hi mike

I think the secondary domain link is missing or been removed from the siteworx menu. I could be wrong though.

No reason to move, just reach out to you for a license :slight_smile:

Many thanks

John

a 10 domain license is more than enough for me :slight_smile:
anyway, i got an official answer and because it is the limited version there is no add on domains… so that sucks…

Hi lossehelin

Many thanks for letting us know.

The only issue I could perhaps envisage, is delimit advertise full version, whereas in reality, it is a cut down version

I hope you enjoy IW

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;27269]Hi lossehelin

Many thanks for letting us know.

The only issue I could perhaps envisage, is delimit advertise full version, whereas in reality, it is a cut down version

I hope you enjoy IW

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Yeah John the reason I’d like to know is how lol, how can they cut up a version of Interworx :stuck_out_tongue: