unable to connect to mysql

after setting up a site using softaculous, i’m able to access the site because unable to connect to database. the database is a local database. how do i fix that?

Hi mobilechipmunk

Welcome to IW forums.

To help, we would need more information such as

IW version
Distro
Php version
Is this a VPS or not

Also, if you had made any settings changes, or change the MySQL, if so, what changes

Can you access the new database using myphpadmin

What is the error shown on your browser

When installing using softaculous, did you leave as default, as I believe it tries to install on https, do you have this active

We’re there any errors when installing from softaculous

What was the program called you were trying to install

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mean the site as in the script Softaculous installed or InterWorx not the site? Check out this article: https://licensecart.com/billing/plugin/support_manager/knowledgebase/view/246/could-not-connect-to-database-please-check/14/ to see if that fixes it?

Hi mike

Wow that slipped my mind, must be getting to old.

I though to be honest disclosed that as softaculous should have failed install if no connection to MySQL to setup database, and therefore reported issue would have been softaculous not installing.

It could be that though, as it is pure guesswork understanding the reported issue

Hope your well

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;27687]Hi mike

Wow that slipped my mind, must be getting to old.

I though to be honest disclosed that as softaculous should have failed install if no connection to MySQL to setup database, and therefore reported issue would have been softaculous not installing.

It could be that though, as it is pure guesswork understanding the reported issue

Hope your well

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Haha John mate, it’s the first thing I check when someone tells me their softaculous database doesn’t work, as a client told me Softaculous asked them to change that value on the installation information and it worked.