Passwords scrambled after site move Interworx to Interworx

We are moving some sites one server to another so we can retail the old server. Both are Interworx servers on same network running the version 5.1.5 of Interworx. We use mass transfer and do a complete site move. What we have found is that sometimes the user passwords for FTP or email etc get scrambled. We originally thought that it was because users sometimes set weak passwords. However, this is not the case. The passwords were strong passwords set by Interworx. This is a real problem when customers start screaming that their email stopped working and it’s a password problem. Has anyone else ran into this? Thanks! Larry

This is a solution for the FTP passwords: http://forums.interworx.com/threads/2742-FTP-password-is-lost-after-importing-account?p=28109#post28109

Hi

Hope your well dss and I’ve emailed IW with this post link so you have credit, so hopefully it gets resolved

Many thanks

John

Hi dss

Brief update from iworx-Jenna, bug report filed

Hope that’s alright and IW rocks

Many thanks

John

The solution provided works perfectly for both FTP and email accounts. Thanks very much. Yes IW rocks!

Hi

I think this has been resolved so it correctly imports the passwords on the latest release candidate update for IW

I have not tried it but from the change log it looks as though it has been updated

I could be wrong so apologise in advance

Many thanks

John