Auto CC/Auto Send Copy from multiple users to a single user account

HI,<br><br>Out of our complete domain email users if i have to get the copy of received emails by lets say 10 users to one email account can this be done in a simple way or do i have to go to each email account and add the same email address in send to copy field of those users??<br><br>if i say like this…i have user1, user2, user3....user10@mydomain.com these users email copies has to be sent to one email lets say general@mydomain.com email address. can anyone will guide me to do this

Hi amer

Welcome to IW forums

I think it would be quicker doing this as you first suggest, from the siteworx email setup page

Others may disagree or post though if they do

Many thanks

John

Hi

Thanks D2D4J i appreciate the effort taken to answer. What i have understood is that you are saying that the best way for now is to add “send to copy” field in siteworx email page. Its a tiring one but if thats the only option then we have to live with it.

This is to add to my first question…I understood that “Copy to address” field will give me the copy of email received by that user…What my next question is …If i want to get a copy of email sent from that user can i do that from the CPanel or do i have to set the rule only in outlook (or any other appl) we use ??

Hi amer

Many thanks

I think you would need to do a little research for copying emails sent through the mail server, as you would need to create a script which could read the mail spool and then copy, unless there’s a patch to qmail but I have not looked into this as I do not need to copy mails sent

Also, this is interworx and not cpanel

If you do create a script, you may want to post it so it may help others if they need to do same

Many thanks

John

Hi Amer
I hope this helps, and use it carefully, as it could form a mail loop, and you use at your own risk. I accept no responsibility for any errors/failures or system crashes etc…
I believe qmail has been patched with taps, which allows copying of email sent/from either all, a specific domain or a specific email address (this is where the mail domain loop may happen).
to create a taps, create a taps file in /var/qmail/control (vi /var/qmail/control/taps)
insert as you need
single email account
myemail@mydomain.url:copiedemail@yourdomain.url
domain wide account
*@mydomain.url:copiedemail@yourdomain.url
save and test
Please be careful not to create a mail loop
as an example, lets say you wanted to copy email sent by joe@domain.url to admin@yourdomain.url, then in your taps file, you would insert:
joe@domain.url:admin@yourdomain.url
save and test
I hope that helps a little, and please note use at your own risk.
Many thanks
john