Mailbox creation / delete error

Hi!

I have a strange problem, I can’t create or delete mailboxes in siteworx (attached the errors).

The interworx is the latest release 5.1.7 1057 version

I checked the iw logs in /usr/local/interworx/var/log/error.log and there is an error: " sh: /home/vpopmail/bin/vadduser: Permission denied"

Does anybody have an idea for the solution?

Thanks, Gabor.

iwerror2.png

Hi Gabor

I hope your well

I believe your issue as it states, permission denied

What are your permissions on the folder /var/vpopmail/bin

Mine after a quick test are drwxr-x—. 2 vpopmail vchkpw 4096 Jan 27 16.15 /var/vpopmail/bin

Also, I believe running varpermsfix.pex from ssh should correct all permissions for you

Also, is this on centos 7 or centos 6

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

Thanks John, I have to correct the whole /var/vpopmail directory group permission becasue it is changed from vchkpw to anything else.

After that the iw database connection is working, but I have another error and I still can’t create any mailbox, here is the /usr/local/interworx/var/log/iworx.log:

2016-03-24 10:05:11.14063 [8tjq3k-t99c-zei8-WEB] [INFO] : IP.IP.IP.IP routing: Ctrl_Nodeworx_Siteworx -> siteworxLoginCommit : /nodeworx/siteworx?action=siteworxLoginCommit&login_domain=e
2016-03-24 10:05:11.38963 [8tjq3k-hoez-olrs-WEB] [INFO] : IP.IP.IP.IP routing: Ctrl_Siteworx_Overview -> index : /siteworx/overview
2016-03-24 10:05:18.89323 [8tjq3k-0d5k-izi9-WEB] [INFO] : IP.IP.IP.IP routing: Ctrl_Siteworx_EmailBox -> index : /siteworx/email/box
2016-03-24 10:05:25.25860 [8tjq3k-x80n-f06t-WEB] [INFO] : IP.IP.IP.IP routing: Ctrl_Siteworx_EmailBox -> addCommit : /xhr.php
2016-03-24 10:05:25.35831 [8tjq3k-x80n-f06t-WEB] [INFO] : vadduser barfed :frowning: : /xhr.php
2016-03-24 10:05:25.35845 [8tjq3k-x80n-f06t-WEB] [INFO] : Error: User’s directory already exists : /xhr.php

Do you have any idea for that?

Thanks, Gabor.

And another strange thing, the /usr/local/interworx/var/run/mysql.sock is missing, i think this is necessary for iw to connect his own db.

Hi Gabor

Many thanks and is it just on this 1 domain
Please could you ssh into your server and run the following 3 commands as root or su (please replace domain.com with your correct domain)
~iworx/bin/cvspermsfix.pex
~iworx/bin/varpermsfix.pex
~iworx/bin/varpermsfix.pex --siteworx=domain.com
I believe the issue is still permission, so the above commands should resolve the permission
I hope that helps a little
Many thanks
John

Hi Gabor
Server restart may be an idea, as there does appear to be strange things happening
If you prefer not to restart server first, can you restart IW and restart your MySQL (please rememebr IW uses a different MySQL to hosting MySQL)
I hope that helps
Many thanks
John

Hi Gabor

Sorry, mysql.sock is for the server MySQL and not IW MySQL.
I suspect you have moved MySQL to a different partition or drive etc, but I could be wrong sorry
Many thanks
John

Hi John!

Thanks for the ideas, this is what I did:
~iworx/bin/cvspermsfix.pex
~iworx/bin/varpermsfix.pex
~iworx/bin/varpermsfix.pex --siteworx=domain.com
restarting the whole server

And it is still not working, the error is same, but after restart I found another error in iw error.log:
[error] [client IP.IP.IP.IP] sh: /dev/vdb1: Permission denied, referer: http://domain.com:2080/nodeworx/settings

and I did not moved MySQL to anodher drive or partition, I only have 2 partitions: / and /home

But in this server I dont’t have /chroot/home dir, the install did not move /home to here, I don’t know this is problem or not (this is a single server, not a cluster and it won’t be)

Thanks, Gabor.

Hi Gabor

This appears to be getting worse sorry, and not better as I would have thought those command should have corrected issue

I would open a support ticket and let IW have a look to see what’s happening

Is this a new install

What distro are you using

I would be grateful if you could update your thread when resolved and sorry I was not able to help you

I hope that’s alright and hope you have a lovely Easter

Many thanks

John

Hi John!

This is a new install in january, CentOS release 6.7 (Final) and now I only have 9 siteworx accounts in server.
I can do a reinstall on this weekend or we can find a solution with iw support, what do you think (I prefer reinstall)?

Thanks, Gabor.

Hi Gabor

Many thanks, and personally I would do a full clean install if the server is not in production use

I would update kernel first though, as there is a new kernel for centos 6 today, then install IW

It is your decision though sorry

Please could I ask if you created a chroot before installing IW

I am perhaps thinking you created chroot after install or perhaps a chroot does not exist, therefore /home would be correct unless you changed fstab, after creating chroot but did not symlink home to chroot

It’s just a thought as this would give permissions errors I think

I hope that makes sense but sorry if I’m wrong on chroot

Many thanks

John

OK, I will do a clean install and I only will have one root partition, I hope it will solve the problems.

Thanks John for everything!

Gabor.