Use secondary domain as master question

Hi
I have a siteworx account with a master domain and a secondary domain, the master domain will be expired and no longer used.
How can I change the secondary domain to use as a master domain

Thank you

Hi bear

There is a iworx pex to do that but needs to be run from ssh

I think from memory it is domain promoter.pex from ~iworx/bin

Many thanks

John

Thank you I will take a look

I remember many years ago this was requested as an option either in sitworx or nodeworx but looks like it never got included

it’s very good

Hi John,

do you know if we can use this pex to move a secondary domain into it’s own account?

I am thinking something like restoring an account backup on another server, promoting the secondary to master and the deleting the secondary on the old server. Would that work?
Or do you have a better idea?
Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael

I hope your well and keeping safe

I think if you go into secondary account, use backup to make a full backup and then delete the secondary account in full

Then you should be able to restore the backup as a primary account

I could be wrong though sorry as I am not in front of a computer

Hope that helps a little

Actually, just a quick thought, you could use IW to IW transfer to another server, check the site and then delete the secondary account from origin server, then IW to IW transfer account back to origin

Many thanks

John

Hello!

You cannot use the domain promoter script to split a secondary domain onto its own account, however, there is a backup flag that can be helpful for this.

1. Create a full backup of the secondary domain at the command line with the --as-master flag.
    Here is some documentation that may be helpful for that: How to: Backup and Restore SiteWorx Accounts from NodeWorx and the CLI — InterWorx documentation
  2. Either have the backup created in a directory other than the default (/home/user/seconddomain.com/iw-backup) or move the backup to a different directory when its complete
  3. Delete the secondary domain
  4. Import the backup

That will create a new SiteWorx account for the secondary domain. :slight_smile:

-Jenna
Friendly Neighborhood InterWorx Support Manager

1 Like