Let's Encrypt Questions

First of all, I love Let’s Encrypt plugin! Do certificates auto-renew? If so, when do they do it?

Is there any way to automatically apply the certificates to the server certificates? I’d like to do this to encrypt mail and also the interworx panel itself.

I think I could run a cron to copy it to the right location, if I knew where that was and then it restart the services.

thanks
marc

Hi marco114

Welcome to Iw forums

Yes, LE auto renew every 3 months I believe - you can check by viewing the ssl in a siteworx account which shows expiry date and IW will renew the LE prior to this date

The exact location I would need to check but feasibly, a cron could do this.

Please understand, LE is not a wild card cert

I’ll post tommorow as my mobile is about to die with no power

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

I know they expire in 3 months, I was just wondering if it did it 30 days out, or 1 day or what… I understand it’s not a wild card, I’d just create a siteworx account with the same name as the server ( i usually do anyways ) and then copy the cert over. I’d love it if you could add LE to the server part too.

Hi marco114

Many thanks

My personal thought is renewal 24 hours prior so the cron could run in a timely fashion, but I could be wrong sorry

I believe LE for server is known and maybe on the roadmap

Many thanks

John

I hope too that this function will be added to NodeWorx! Could somebody from the IW staff confirm that it is on the roadmap?