A few questions here.

I was wondering if it was possible and where it would be possible to do the following:

1.) Is it possible to make www. work for a created subdomain? (ex. my.subdomain.comwww.mysubdomain.com doesn’t work?)

2.) Is there a way to forward a subdomain to another link? (ex. dude.mysite.com --> www.anthrax.com/dude.html)

I want to know all ways to do this from Siteworx… Can anyone help?

Curt

1.) Is it possible to make www. work for a created subdomain? (ex. my.subdomain.comwww.mysubdomain.com doesn’t work?)

It’s not without doing some rewriting in an .htaccess file Curt.

2.) Is there a way to forward a subdomain to another link? (ex. dude.mysite.com --> www.anthrax.com/dude.html)

This also isnt’ a possibility within SiteWorx proper, but can be done with a rewrite as well.

We will be adding “common rewrites” into SiteWorx at some point as well.

Chris

Like Chris said, its not currently possible, but I’m currently doing two different things with regard to that. For some subdomains deleted the subdomain from SiteWorx then added a CNAME entry to the DNS records for the domain to point to the new address. This doesn’t really forward from the browser’s perspective, it just fudged with DNS.

The other thing you can do is place a .htaccess file in the subdirectory for the domain with contents like this

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule .* http://www.anthrax.com/dude.html [R=permanent,L]