Account Deletion/Import Questions

Hello,

Couple of Questions regarding account management in Nodeworx. I have been doing some testing for restoring/importing accounts and am a bit confused(normal for me). I deleted an account but the account had an active shell session and the shell user still remains on the system. Is this a bug or do I need to manually remove the user elsewhere? The DNS file also remained. When I try to import from a backup, the process ends with the following message, “Cannot import, domain exists under another user.” I presume this is all because of the active session and therefore not normally a problem? Trying to add the domain as a new account results in “Domain name already exists.” Anyone know where the name is kept or in what file?

Somewhat related issue, I noticed in the Nodeworx tutorials there used to be an option to export account information in CSV or XML but don’t see it in v2. Has that functionality been removed?

Thanks,
Chris

Good question. I’m not sure on most systems what happens when a ‘userdel’ occurs during a shell session. It may be that the shell session needs to be killed 1st. Either way, I’d do this:

1. kill shell session
  2. run /home/interworx/bin/domain.deactivate.pex --domlist <domain name> to flush out any remnants of the old account.
  3. re-import the account.

Somewhat related issue, I noticed in the Nodeworx tutorials there used to be an option to export account information in CSV or XML but don’t see it in v2. Has that functionality been removed?

Removed for now, but may show up again :slight_smile:

Chris