Apache ./configure from iworx rpm

I realize that this is a little bit of an odd question, but can anyone possibly give me the ./configure that is used in the iworx httpd install?

Reason I ask is, rebuilding it is necessary for me to get SVN to work, and although I know it wont be supported, its something that I would prefer. The reason i need the ./configure command is simply so that I can rebuild it, and rebuild apr, to be up to date, and properly include in a few updated pieces of software that have been installed (mainly berkeley db) to provide the most secure SVN environment I can… and I’d rather not screw up the configuration areas for all of apache’s stuff, in the manner that iworx has it set up.

Thanks ahead of time!

You mean the httpd that runs on port 80, or the one that actually runs IWorx?

port 80. Its still the one from the iworx RPM, same version… the one from the repository of my OS is a lesser version.

The configure line is in the httpd.spec file that comes in the source rpm. The source rpm is here:


I’d do the following:

yum install rpm-build
rpm -ivh http://updates.interworx.com/iworx/SRPMS/httpd-2.0.59-100.iworx.src.rpm

the spec file is then in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/httpd.spec
search the file for the configure statement.


From the spec file in our httpd-2.0.59-100.iworx.src.rpm (found here

  ../configure  -C \
    --prefix=%{_sysconfdir}/httpd \
    --exec-prefix=%{_prefix} \
    --bindir=%{_bindir} \
    --sbindir=%{_sbindir} \
    --mandir=%{_mandir} \
    --libdir=%{_libdir} \
    --sysconfdir=%{_sysconfdir}/httpd/conf \
    --includedir=%{_includedir}/httpd \
    --libexecdir=%{_libdir}/httpd/modules \
    --datadir=%{contentdir} \
    --with-mpm=$mpm \
    --with-apr=%{_prefix} \
    --with-apr-util=%{_prefix} \
    --enable-suexec \
    --with-suexec \
    --with-suexec-caller=%{suexec_caller} \
    --with-suexec-docroot=%{suexec_dir} \
    --with-suexec-logfile=%{_localstatedir}/log/httpd/suexec.log \
    --with-suexec-bin=%{_sbindir}/suexec \
    --with-suexec-uidmin=500 \
    --with-suexec-gidmin=500 \
          --with-devrandom=/dev/urandom \
    --with-ssl \
    --enable-ssl \
          --enable-cache \
    --enable-disk-cache \
    --enable-mem-cache \
    --enable-deflate \
    --enable-cgid \
    --enable-proxy \
    --enable-proxy-connect \
    --enable-proxy-ftp \

Hope that helps,

Crap. What Paul said. :frowning:

Sweet, that actually helps tremendously.


(if you’re wondering, the reason for this is on a lot of systems the version of berkely db is not necessarily up to par with a current application - ie, subversion, and when you go to build it unless apache is reconfigured after installing a new version of bdb it will not see it due to a problem with APR).