Best solutions to update a domain name

Okay, so the hash you get from cpanel is directly out of the shadow file on that server (which I do have access to). Just so you know, I have full root access to both servers. I’m not trying to do anything “shady” here. Just trying to make the move as seamless as possible. It’s always nice when users don’t have to make any changes on their end and their email just keeps working after the move.

I recall when moving from one Ensim box to another a LONG time ago in my earliest days of dedicated servers, that I used some sort of command line tool like “fetch” (not sure what it was called) to login into an email account on the old server and fetch the mail directly into the same email account on the new server. It worked great but I’m not sure if that tutorial I found back then still exists and I can’t recall all the details. Seems like I had to create a config file that had the login info for each account on the old server and the new one, then I just executed the program calling on that config. Very nice.

I tell you migrating to new servers is just not fun, is it? :slight_smile:

fetchmail is the program your talking about :wink:

… And it’s nicely integrated into Horde. We have used it on occasion to pull some mail accounts across from our older, non-CP servers and it works a treat. :smiley:

I tell you migrating to new servers is just not fun, is it?

You’re definately not wrong! :slight_smile:

By the way, I’m really impressed with iworx so far! When do you plan on v3 being released and what kind of new features will be available that you’re sure of at this point? I’m sure it may be some time before the next major release but I’m excited that a new control panel is available that actually seems to contend and is well put together. If you’ve already answered this question on the boards, no problem. Just point me in the right direction.

I see the fetch mail icon in Horde, however, I don’t see how to add external accounts here. I clicked on options and didn’t see anything there either.

Actually, no. We get it out of the cPanel backup file. You create a full cPanel backup on the server (or we initiate a full backup via our Mass Import interface). The backup file contains a file with the email password hashes, and that’s where we pull from.

Agreed! Our importers try to simply the process as much as possible :slight_smile:

You jumped on board at just the right time. :slight_smile: We’ll be releasing v.3.0 soon, within the next month. Talk about new features are scattered throughout the forums, but you may want to check the Feature Request forums to start.

There is a nice little page on the main interworx website which I spotted shortly after HostingCon this year:

I see the fetch mail icon in Horde, however, I don’t see how to add external accounts here. I clicked on options and didn’t see anything there either.

At first it can be a little difficult to work out, so here’s the easy steps:

Login to Horde > Mail > Options > (Middle pane, bottom) Fetch Mail > Edit your preferences for accessing other mail accounts.

Then select create new profile etc and follow the instructions :slight_smile:

oups … :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Joke of course :rolleyes: :cool: :slight_smile:

So, version 3.0 is not coming out soon?

Well if Socheat said it should come within the next month, then it should come out soon.

But I can’t tell you more as I don’t know more about this.

Just wait and see :slight_smile:

Pascal