Billing for BW and HD Usage:

Looking for a way to get Bandwidth usage / HD usage into modernbill from Iworx.

When we were using Plesk, Modernbill had a little php script that would poll the Plesk database and place that data into the moderbill data base.

Modernbill supports Iworx but right now that support is pretty slim.

Does Iworx store this information in the database and if so, would it be a lot of trouble to get that data out and into MB?

There is some code in the MB plugin to do this jerricho but honestly I’m not sure of its status. It was done by the MB guys and I don’t have any docs or current status info on it as of today but we’ll be checking it out and will post results.

Chris

I appreciate it. We just got tired of Plesk’s issues and SW-Softs complete and total lack of support. They won’t even talk to you without getting a credit card number first, if you have problems.

On top of that, wanting money for every little feature . . . sigh I digress. . . LOL

I’ll shaddup now before I really get off on a SW-Soft rant! :slight_smile:

Actually it was just part of an overall cron that just queried the PLESK database for bandwidth / storage and then insterted it into the MB database which in turn was used for billing overages.

I was thinking instead of waiting around for MB to make one, we could do it ourselves.

For cheese sakes, they haven’t even given Interworx it’s own forum yet over at MB.

I was thinking instead of waiting around for MB to make one, we could do it ourselves.

A scripts exists I believe but the MB folks haven’t included it into MB yet. I’ll try and dig it up and post it here.

Chris

Any luck on finding that script?

I’ve searched the official MB forums and found a whopping 5 posts that contain the word INTERWORX.

Can you check your install and see if the file:

<mb>/include/misc/mod_interworx/syncbwdata_interworx.cron.php

exists. That should be the one that does the syncing but I need to dig up my emails between the mb folks and us regarding how exactly it works. It was written by them to our API for bw.

Chris

I tried the usual and got:

Content-type: text/html
X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.11
Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID=; path=/
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache

jerricho,

I believe it’s meant to be run via a CRON job. It doesn’t look like they even have the docs updated for iworx-cp but looking at plesk’s (the cron section) may help out: http://manual.modernbill.com/adminhelp/english/Admin_Manual_v4.htm

Chris

Yeah the people @ modernbill are starting to impress me as about as much as the people at SW Soft.

Unforunately there’s no options in the base module settings for Interworx to access the mysql database.

If I were a betting man, I’d say that it’s an unfinished feature.

I’ll PM the exact output I get when I try to just run it from the command line.