CloudLinux OS

Hey all,

We’ve been looking at the idea of CloudLinux OS for a while now, and having recently taken a trial of it and had conformation from them that they have plans to continue supporting Hyper-V guest systems, it’s sure becoming a tempting prospect.

So - I was just wondering two things;

1. Is CloudLinux OS something that InterWorx still maintain active support for the product on? Only I notice it doesn’t seem to be listed on the supported distros page anymore. (Then again, it’s not really a distro in its own right, so…)

2. Has anyone actually got CL and InterWorx deployed in a production environment on any kind of scale, and if so what do you think about it?

Any thoughts, opinions, ideas, drunken ramblings most welcome and appreciated!

Jon

Hi Hacman!

Yes, CloudLinux is absolutely still compatible with InterWorx, although it’s not maintained by us, per say. It’s listed as one of our software partners, and I know that lots of people are running it with InterWorx (although I don’t have any specifics for you on scale and performance).

http://www.interworx.com/partners/software-partners/

Thanks,
Brett

We are running CL on all our shared servers. It’s an integral part in our service. When we first started with webhostign we where running a plain CentOS install. But got so much problems with performance hogging that we needed to separate the customers more.

With CL and LVE+CageFS we are now able to offer SSH access to all customers with a regular bash shell, something that would have been unthinkable before.

We are currently migrating all our customers to new servers, and this time around, I didn’t waste time with CentOS, and instead installed CL6 directly … works like a charm!

our stack:
CL6
InterWorx
ASL
r1Soft/Idera

I love our setup, and wouldn’t have it any other way!

Thanks for the info guys!

Jon