Cluster

Hey,

If I setup a cluster, which server would need the most bandwidth? Would the cluster manage use ALL the bandwidth, or would each node use the bandwidth?

~Sohan

I believe although can’t be quoted on this, that your load-balancer would take up most of the bandwith, with inter-server bandwith being high.

I would make sure that when negociating your cluster servers, that you get them with ‘free’ transfer between them.

We are currently looking into the possibility of moving all our disparate servers to a single cluster, but its more of a feasibility study at the moment, rather than planning. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Blindbasher;11568]Hey,

If I setup a cluster, which server would need the most bandwidth? Would the cluster manage use ALL the bandwidth, or would each node use the bandwidth?

~Sohan[/QUOTE]

Both of them use the bandwidth

Indeed, all requests come in the cluster manager then are sent to node, then the node send the answer to the client directly

So incoming Internet requests are on the CM and outgoing request are from the nodes

Pascal

also, in V3 I think it will be possible to have a Gigabit switch between the cluster-manager and the nodes (and set a private network). So in this case I thnik that your provider won’t charge you for bandwidth used between the cluster-manager and the nodes

I said : “I think”, so an interworx member has to confirm this

Pascal

Confirmed. v.3.0 will allow you to use a private network between the CM and nodes for intra-cluster communication.

Socheat