Couple of Questions

Hey guys,

Do you plan to offer OS support for FreeBSD? Also, do you have a roadmap showing where you are headed with the clustering that you have just introduced? For instance are you going to be expanding in multiple DNS, mail, web, db server support expansion? I’m just trying to get an idea of how you can scale with what you have now and in the future? Thanks and keep up the great work.

FreeBSD is planned but not currently supported.

No they don’t have a roadmap because the priorities keep changing as the user base needs are shown/change, curently they are beefung up the features they have now before the expand to any more distros.

We do plan to support all you posted about Chrimpson but we rarely post hard ETAs or roadmaps for a variety of reasons.

Chris

FreeBSD support

I am wanting to see FreeBSD support as well.

I would even be willing to help with the port to FreeBSD.

-Kahn

are we there yet?

This string was last posted in Nov 2005… are we there yet? FreeBSD support?

Jonathan

buy marijuana seeds

Unfortunately, no, we’re not there yet. :frowning: FreeBSD support will most likely come after Debian support, which also currently doesn’t have an ETA.

Socheat

Thats strange to me… FreeBSD is so much more popular and supported then Debian… why would you make a move like that?

extreme vaporizer

We’ve had a large amount of requests for both Debian and FreeBSD, but Debian would be an “easier” jump for us, as it’s just another Linux distribution. FreeBSD is an entirely different animal.

Socheat

Thats strange to me… FreeBSD is so much more popular and supported then Debian… why would you make a move like that?

And to be honest, Debian support is asked for about 10 to 1 over FreeBSD :S

Chris