Deactivate private IP from Iworx-CP?

Hi, I seem to recall that before v3 you could deactivate IP addresses from Iworx-CP but still have them active on the system.

We have a dedicated interface (eth1) with a private IP address for our backup-lan. This IP is now active in Iworx-CP and I cannot find where to deactivate it.

We had an issue yesterday where a new signup was assigned the private IP, thats when we discovered that the private IP is active in Iworx-CP.

How would we go about to have the private IP active on the system but not in Iworx-CP?

Thanks
-tsl-

Not sure you can do this. I tried setting and IP to not active and it seemed to just delete it off the system instead of leaving it in the list as not active for Iworx

I tried setting and IP to not active and it seemed to just delete it off the system instead of leaving it in the list as not active for Iworx
yeah, I found that out too…:wink:
Still, I’m almost sure it was possible in the earlier release.

Yeah, I thought I remember on my old test server seeing an IP in the list with the drop down set to No (for active in Iworx-CP) before so they either did this for a specific reason or its something they can change back if enough people think its a good idea.

The problem here is that it never really did what you wanted it to in the previous version either. For example, when IP addresses are added to the system via InterWorx, if one of those IPs was set as inactive in InterWorx, upon reboot the IP wouldn’t get added to the system, which is clearly wrong. A few folks ran into this problem, so we removed the ability to set an IP as inactive to prevent this from happening.

I agree that there’s value in setting an IP to not be avaliable for adding siteworx accounts, but there’s not really a good way to do this, and there wasn’t really in the previous iworx version either, it just kinda looked like there was :slight_smile:

Paul

Ah ok, thanks for the info Paul!

I think I’ll have to include the activation of the private IP in the backup-script somehow, and then deactivate it afterwards. This way it will not be available in Iworx-CP (at least not for too long).

cheers
-tsl-