Dns Sync

Hello,

I’d like to know if it is possible to do this with the dns sync feature :

SERVER A send dns datas to SERVER B
SERVER B send dns datas to SERVER A

Indeed, we 'd like to have our primary dns server on the box A and the secondary dns serveur on the box B

If yes do I just have to create a listener on each box ?

Today our both dns servers are on the same box.

If I change the dns record of the secondary dns server to have the IP of our second box, and update at my registrar this secondary dns server IP, it should be ok and enough ?

But we have a little problem. Apparently when you create a new siteworx account using the API, the NS records added in the DNS is only for our secodnary dns server. I mean, I have checked in all dns records and every dns for siteworx accoubnts created with the API have only one NS record :

for example (I’ve changed the real domain and ip)

dompino.com A 100.110.100.101 43200
mail.dompino.com A 100.110.100.101 43200
ftp.dompino.com CNAME dompino.com 43200
www.dompino.com CNAME dompino.com 43200
dompino.com NS ns2.my-domain.com 43200
mail.dompino.com MX 10 43200
dompino.com SOA Editer les propri?t?s SOA 43200

As you might see there is only one NS record for our secondary dns server.

It is a problem because if we change the IP of this seocndary name server, all these siteworx accounts will be for few hours (the time world dns server sync new ip)

So is there a way to add ns1 NS record to all these accounts ? (a sql request ? a pgm ? )

Thanks a ton

Pascal

SERVER A send dns datas to SERVER B
SERVER B send dns datas to SERVER A

Yes, that’s correct and will work.

Regarding the NS issue I believe we’ve fixed it but possibly the API subverts this fix. I’ll check it out. In the meantime you can simply add the NS record via the NodeWorx DNS page on the box which is authoritative for the domain.

Chris

Regarding the NS issue I believe we’ve fixed it but possibly the API subverts this fix. I’ll check it out. In the meantime you can simply add the NS record via the NodeWorx DNS page on the box which is authoritative for the domain.

lol, Thank you Chris. I ask this because we have near than 2 hundreds domains to update :-p

And it is not only add a NS record for our primary dns server but also change the SOA properties as with the API it set the default name servers to default and not ns1.xxx.com

Pascal

EDIT
In fact it is much more than 2 hundreds as all our box use the same dns server. So we have to add on ALL boxes and for every account the NS record for our primary name server + SOA : much much more than 2 hundred

:slight_smile:

You can run a SQL query on the DNS db directly Pascal to add the lines or write a script to do it directly using SQL.

Chris