DNSMadeEasy

How do you integrate DNSMadeEasy with interworx?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Hi jamrizzi

I’m sorry, if you mean to replace tinydns, then you would be best advised to open a support ticket, as I do not think this allowed.

If you mean sync dns to dnsmadeesdy, you would xfsr your zones, which these good posts how to do this on the forum. Just search dns or sync dns.

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

What is tidying? The interworx design nameserver?

What I want is replace my local dns with this so the server doesn’t get to hadnle glo

So the server doesn’t have to handle dns

Hi jamrizzi

I think I understand your post now.

You can set the NS to another DNS server from the siteworx account, where all DNS will then be handled by those NS.

Please make sure though, you do not delete IW DNS for the siteworx account you change the NS for, or you will make the siteworx account unusable for hosting etc… IW needs this DNS to keep track if the records.

You can even set seperate NS using say, IW DNS, DNSmadeeady and a third DNS server, but you would need to xfr your records.

Lastly, if you set your MX records for a siteworx account to an external provider, please make sure you tell the siteworx account you use external email, by disabling internal email from siteworx, administration mail, local delivery. If you do not disable local mail delivery, and email sent from the website would not be delivered.

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John