Dream list

Well clearly you do have a good reason for wanting it, I’m just saying I doubt it will become a reality. The problem with Sendmail isn’t configurability – it is very customizable – It’s securoty and sheer size, from what I’ve seen. It reminds me of Windows :wink: (sorry, couldn’t resist)

Have you had to deal with ModernBill yet? They have horrible support. Unfortunately they are the only billing package that supported what we needed. I have been watching MB for a long time and it seems that they outsourced their coding to people in another country. When you do get into their support, they want root access and you will have someone from another country logging into your machine. It seems more then just a coincidence that just after then logged out of our machine the other day that we started having problems. Next time I’d like to take a closer look at Whois.Cart(), but we do a lot more then just hosting.

No, haven’t had to deal with them yet; but if you had questions, post them here and someone will try to help you. If it’s a genuine support issue, not sure what to say.

For the dream list, I forgot to add (and if you didn’t like Sendmail, you won’t like this);

• Bind support.

Well it’s not what I like or not, it’s up to the developers, but I doubht this will happen – BIND has more security issues than Sendmail.

Oh, and for what It’s worth, I asked for some of these same things (sendmail in particular) when i first started with Iworx almost 2 years ago, but I’ve come to see the wisdom of Chris and Paul’s choices and now agree with them.

++++

1 ) notification e-mails for server admin about all changes over server, warnings etc.
2 ) notification e-mails for reseller on all changes over siteworx accounts, quota warnings etc…

I have a good idea too…

Server admin may edit default site creation template
1 ) skel
2 ) default e-mail accounts
3 ) default catch-all account

I second these :slight_smile:

I second these as well :slight_smile:

One thing that I’d like to see in particular (not sure, there may already be a feature request in their system for this) is the abuse email account to actually be a forwarded to the server administrator (whomever gets root’s email) by default. Or possibly sent to both the root user and the email account of the SiteWorx user. The admin could then change this on a per user basis if needed.

I don’t run it in domain 0, but in unprivileged Xen domains, InterWorx runs just fine, as long as thread-local storage enabled C libraries are available (the database will break without them). I set up my domain 0s very compact, and running Debian; I wouldn’t want any control panel running in domain 0, as it’s just supposed to support the domUs. The resources allocated to domain 0 are minimal, and certainly not sufficient for a control panel.

Derrik Pates
Voxel dot Net, Inc.

Well my dream and my customers dream:

1. Having php4 and php5 (php4 for the .php files and php5 for the .php5 files)
  2. Having MySQL 4.1 and 5 running together, of course with the ability to easily create users and DBs with the Iworx GUI
  3. Loadballanced SSH
  4. Loadballanced FTP

But I guess we have to keep on dreaming for a while :wink:

EDIT: Added 3 & 4

A few things I’d like to see, after a week of using Interworx and load balancing.

I’d like to see a couple popular apache modules included with or without any extra ‘gui’ for configuration. Ideally I would want mod_throttle but it doesn’t work for Apache2 yet, so alternatives like c_band or mod_bw would be nice. Something to help with defining QoS on a server-wide or vhost scale.

An expansion of the Firewall features with a basic intrusion and blocking script using APF would be really nice to automaticly deal with brute force login attempts already being reported by Interworx in Logwatch would be great too. It’s annoying to see 300+ attempts by an IP and have to manually login to add it.

Finally, did BFD, Dos Deflate and Linux malware detect have been included ?

Hi Kyano,
No, those things are not installed or provided by interworx by default. I know folks have installed BFD on interworx servers, and it works for them. We will investigate these for possible inclusion in the future.

Paul