Email notification from NodeWorx - Where do I customize them?

Can someone tell me where to go to find the email that is mail out to the siteworx “Current user” that lets them know they are approaching their bandwidth limit (and I am sure their disk space as well, although I have not seen that email yet).

I would like to customize the email. Here is a copy of the email Interworx is sending out now:

Subject: anydomain.com: bandwidth 81% used

Hi,

This in an automatic informational message to notify you that domain has
used 81% of its bandwidth allotment under your current plan.

Once you reach 100% utilization of your bandwidth your site will either be
interrupted or you will incur bandwidth
overage charges depending on the preferences you set up in SiteWorx.

Please note that the default settings are to allow you to go over your
bandwidth allotment and this will result in charges if you do go over. If
you do not wish to be charged just login to SiteWorx
(https://anydomain.com:2443/siteworx/) and change the bandwidth
option under Preferences.

Thanks,

Your NodeWorx Server Manager

As a follow up if you one follows this instruction in the email “If
you do not wish to be charged just login to SiteWorx
(https://anydomain.com:2443/siteworx/) and change the bandwidth
option under Preferences.” I went to Siteworx and clicked on “Preferences” and all I see is the below, nothing to do with Bandwith option. Am I missing something here?

[SIZE=2]Edit Preferences[/SIZE]

Preference Value Save Web Transfer Logs [?]: Yes No

The SiteWors user can not change his or her own bandwidth allotment. Only tne NodeWorx user can do that from the Edit SiteWorx Account screen.

As for actually editing that email’s contents, I did some poking around and can’t seem to find where the raw file is.

Guys?

I though so, but even more reason to be able to edit the email so it will not be misleading.:wink:

The template file will use some kind of variables to automatically put in the appropriabe bandwidth so you don’t need to edit it for that – but still, the ability to edit the file is a good one. Chris?

The template actually lives in the DB and we took out the edit capability a version or 2 ago because it itself was misleading. We’re going to re-integreate the email editing in “the right way” in an upcoming release. For now you can read other posts in the forums about how you get to the iworx db itself and edit the email_tempaltes table in the iworx db to change the text.

Chris

Hello Chris,
care to point where to find that template so we can include it in our translation to other languages too?

or thats included in the global.lng translation work?

Bashar, you can use the DSN in the /usr/local/interworx/iworx.ini file to access the mysql instance for iworx-cp on port 2306. Then just look in the email_templates table of the iworx DB and you’ll see all the templates there.

Chris

great thanks, i’ll write my notes down so whenever i make the switch i’ll do my homework easily.

Thanks

[quote=IWorx-Chris;6535]The template actually lives in the DB and we took out the edit capability a version or 2 ago because it itself was misleading. We’re going to re-integreate the email editing in “the right way” in an upcoming release. For now you can read other posts in the forums about how you get to the iworx db itself and edit the email_tempaltes table in the iworx db to change the text.

Chris[/quote]

Would 3.0 be the upcoming release?

Unfortunately, it has not been re-added to InterWorx 3.0.

Sorry to reopen an old post, but has this been achieved? I am looking to configure the bandwidth notifications.

Hi inodecloud

Wow, it is an old post.

I do not think it was set so you can edit the template from IW-cp, but, as I’m sure you noted, within the post is the answer to allow you to change the email content, by editing the db

Please be very careful though, if doing this as you could break IW if not careful.

I hope that helps a little and sorry if I’m wrong

Many thanks

John