eth1 graph

Is there any way to change the “traffic” graph on the main nodeworx page (the “Server At A Glance” section on the right-hand side of the “Nodeworx Home” page) to show the traffic on eth1 instead of the traffic on eth0? The same goes for Nodeworx–>Server–>System Graphs–>Network Resources.

The reason for this is that my main NIC on my server is eth1, while eth0 goes unused — so seeing traffic for eth0 is unnecessary.

Any insight on this? Is what I’m asking at all possible, or is there some ‘dirty’ fix like making a symlink making iworx/modwatch think eth1 is actually eth0?

I’m really not sure on this one… it’s always seemed to have detected mine correctly.

Have you tried moving /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 to another location and running /sbin/service network restart ? It might then decide to show the next interface on the list :wink:

However, I’d wait for a response from Tim or one of the other InterWorx guys… I’m sure there’s a logical way to do it besides a lame hack :smiley:

Removing the eth0 config like sliqua would probably work. If eth0 doesn’t have any ips on it, I don’t think it would detect it either. If both interfaces are active though it’s hard to programatically figure out which should be the “main” one. You could tweak the template files and hard code it to eth1.

/home/interworx/nodeworx/smarty/templates/interworx/nodeworx.tpl

change

sub={$iw_eth0}

to

sub=eth1

and similarly there are two places in

/home/interworx/nodeworx/smarty/templates/interworx/rrd.tpl

as well.

Seems like we should make this easier to configure :).

Paul

[quote=IWorx-Paul;15938]Removing the eth0 config like sliqua would probably work. If eth0 doesn’t have any ips on it, I don’t think it would detect it either. If both interfaces are active though it’s hard to programatically figure out which should be the “main” one. You could tweak the template files and hard code it to eth1.

/home/interworx/nodeworx/smarty/templates/interworx/nodeworx.tpl

change

sub={$iw_eth0}

to

sub=eth1

and similarly there are two places in

/home/interworx/nodeworx/smarty/templates/interworx/rrd.tpl

as well.

Seems like we should make this easier to configure :).

Paul[/quote]

That did it - thanks soo much!