Filter email to foward them to an other account

Hi

Is it possible to create a filter on an email box to foward all incoming emails when the sender email is equal to something specific

For example, When the account mymail@mydomain.com receive an email, I’d like to send a copy of these incoming emails to mail2@domain.com when the email’s sender is equal to *@thisdom.com

Pascal

Dont know an exact answer, but I think it might be possible with a maildrop script?

Hi

You mean tweak the existing one ?

Pascal

[QUOTE=pascal;13425]Hi

You mean tweak the existing one ?

Pascal[/QUOTE]

For the sake of anyone else reading this:
Never, ever, ever edit /home/interworx/lib/maildrop/spamfilter :slight_smile:

Each email user can have their own mailfilter file, located at /home/username/var/domain.com/mail/user/.mailfilter

That’s where you would put the custom mailfilter.

Socheat

[QUOTE=IWorx-Socheat;13427]For the sake of anyone else reading this:
Never, ever, ever edit /home/interworx/lib/maildrop/spamfilter :)[/QUOTE]Im good now and don’t edit it anymore since 3.0 now has the ability to drop spam with a certain score (even if Paul hates that :p)

[QUOTE=IWorx-Socheat;13427]For the sake of anyone else reading this:
Never, ever, ever edit /home/interworx/lib/maildrop/spamfilter :slight_smile:

Each email user can have their own mailfilter file, located at /home/username/var/domain.com/mail/user/.mailfilter

That’s where you would put the custom mailfilter.

Socheat[/QUOTE]

Hi

Thanks

So you give me the solution :slight_smile:

Pascal

In 3.0 custom maildrop scripts are possible without editing the base maildrop script provided by interworx, because it looks for user specific maildrop scripts to include. For example you could put custom maildrop rules in this file:

/home/<user>/var/mydomain.com/mail/myemail/.mailfilter

chown that file to the vpopmail user to be sure the mail system can read it.

This is a very rudimentary non-user-friendly system at this point. But if you research what the maildrop script should look like, it’d be possible to do what you want I’m sure.

Paul

Thanks Paul

We are still with the v2 release…

OK I’m “googling” to see what this script should look like. Really no idea yet.

Pascal