FrontPage Extensions on a Windows Server...but what does that got to do with IW?

I am looking for anyone any where that might be able to give some feed back.

This month I have added a Windows 2003 server with HELM, mainly as a way to offer FrontPage extenions to my customers. The DNS and email is being handled by my IW Linux box. I am pointing all A records to the Windows box and everything is working pretty good, FTP works, sites work etc, no problem. No problem that is until it comes to the (I edited and took out the $#@$*&@) FrontPage Extensions. No one with FrontPage can connect. The FPE 2002
extensions have been reloaded on serveral occastions thinking they might of been corrupt. These where loaded off the CD onto the server. All indications in IIS is the extensions are working.
But when using FrontPage users just cant get FrontPAge to connect, and I have had several try. Which brings we to want to think that maybe that running the DSN through my IW server is causing some unkown issue to mess with the FPE connection.

Although the DNS is being handles by the IW server, could there possible be some way the firewall on the IW server is effecting the FPE on the WIndows server? (Yeah I know, I and several others have run out of ideas)
OR, maybe just running DNS through the IW server for the Windows server is causing this issue? Just thinking out loud.

I know there are a lot of pople out here smarter than I am so I am just putting this out there with hopes someone might have a idea or though.

AS always thanks for your feedback!

Is traffic for the Windows server going through the IW server? Or is IW just doing DNS alongside the windows box? If it’s the latter then it’s almost impossible for the IW box to be impeding anything and I’m honestly not familiar enough with FP or IIS to point you in the right direction R-N-R :frowning:

Chris

[quote=IWorx-Chris;10395]Is traffic for the Windows server going through the IW server? Or is IW just doing DNS alongside the windows box? If it’s the latter then it’s almost impossible for the IW box to be impeding anything and I’m honestly not familiar enough with FP or IIS to point you in the right direction R-N-R :frowning:

Chris[/quote]

Chris,

I think the issue has been finallly solved…but the IW box was only handling the DNS, but all the email is being handled for the domain (ONE reason for the request for Email only accounts).

What I done is added the site in IW. In each zone I have the A records pointing to the windows server.

Thanks for your reply!

Perhaps you could post the solution, instead of posting only “I solved it”?

You know I cant believe I did this, I hate it when people do this in forums and here I did it. Sorry! :o

All that was done is the FrontPage Extensions where reloaded, not sure how many times they where loaded, but they took this time, go figure? :confused: