General Inquiry

Hello,

I am interested in the services of one of Interworx hosting partners. Thanks to them, I have discovered Interworx and am interested in using Interworx as well.

Although the demos have given me an excellent impression, I have a technical inquiry as a site owner with an organization problem. Hehe!

As such, I wish to inquire if it is possible to add secondary domains and subdomains to specific locations on the server and how as I did not see a way to change the path in the control panel demo.

So that you understand better my intention, I wish to organize my domain portfolio like the following below. I look forward to hear from you. Thank you.

/home/username/public_html/
/home/username/public_network/domain.com/public_html/
/home/username/public_network/domain.com/subdomain/

Kind Regards,
Axl

Hello,

I wish to ask if anybody give me some insight to my inquiry. I hope to hear from someone on the matter.

Kind Regards,
Axl

Hi Axl – I emailed last week but I guess you didn’t receive it :frowning:

First – thanks for your interest in InterWorx! Unfortunately, however, it’s not possible to change the directory structures of domains/subdomains.

Thanks,
Brett

[QUOTE=IWorx-Brett;22018]Hi Axl – I emailed last week but I guess you didn’t receive it :frowning:

First – thanks for your interest in InterWorx! Unfortunately, however, it’s not possible to change the directory structures of domains/subdomains.

Thanks,
Brett[/QUOTE]

Hello Brett,

How bizarre, I do not have any filter set up so I should have received it. I guess I must have missed it while going through the e-mails. :frowning:

Ah, shucks! I intend to run different type of sites and was hoping to be able to group them. I know I can do it with cPanel but I am more interested in using Interworx instead having discovered it.

I wish to ask where the secondary domains and subdomains location are in that case when created. I read something on Web Hosting Talk from a third-party user so I prefer an official reply. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
Axl

We handle subdomains according to the following format:

/home/<user>/<domain>/html/<subdomain>

[QUOTE=IWorx-Brett;22021]We handle subdomains according to the following format:

/home/<user>/<domain>/html/<subdomain>[/QUOTE]

Hello Brett,

Directories and files located inside “/<html>/” is publicly available on the web, am I correct? Or is public web access granted from “/<domain>/”? Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Axl

That’s correct – things inside the /html directory are publicly available.

Hello Brett,

Ok, good to know. I had suspected it is in the “/<html>/” directory but had doubts as cPanel domains and subdomains do not have a “/<html>/” directory. Thank you very much for your help.

Kind Regards,
Axl

[QUOTE=Axl;22052]Hello Brett,

Ok, good to know. I had suspected it is in the “/<html>/” directory but had doubts as cPanel domains and subdomains do not have a “/<html>/” directory. Thank you very much for your help.

Kind Regards,
Axl[/QUOTE]

Just to explain here. cPanel uses public_html/subdomain/ Interworx has html/subdomain.