How long should it take to import account

How long (in general) should it take to import an account from another server thats about 3.5 GB’s?

Also is there a way to import other then through the pretty web interface?

Are you talking about the mass transfer interface? If so, it can take a while. Here are the steps it goes through:

1.) Creates the backup on the remote server.

2.) Transfers the backup to the destination server. This will depend on the transfer rate between the two boxes

3.) Extracting the 3.5GB archive on the destination server.

4.) Importing the archive

At 3.5GB (final size) it can take some time to create the backup (in step 1) and extract it (in step 4).

If you’re not talking about mass transfer, and the backup is already stored on the destination server, then only steps 3 and 4 apply.

[quote=IWorx-Socheat;13329]Are you talking about the mass transfer interface? If so, it can take a while. Here are the steps it goes through:

1.) Creates the backup on the remote server.

2.) Transfers the backup to the destination server. This will depend on the transfer rate between the two boxes

3.) Extracting the 3.5GB archive on the destination server.

4.) Importing the archive

At 3.5GB (final size) it can take some time to create the backup (in step 1) and extract it (in step 4).

If you’re not talking about mass transfer, and the backup is already stored on the destination server, then only steps 3 and 4 apply.[/quote]

Just a single account, with the backup already on the new server. is 16 + Hours long enough that it should be done?

What may have happened is your browser timed out while it was waiting for the import process to finish. 16 hours seems excessive, but a could take an hour or two, a long time for the browser to wait. If you don’t see the account in the SiteWorx accounts list, you can try importing from the command line:

[quote=IWorx-Socheat;13331]What may have happened is your browser timed out while it was waiting for the import process to finish. 16 hours seems excessive, but a could take an hour or two, a long time for the browser to wait. If you don’t see the account in the SiteWorx accounts list, you can try importing from the command line:

http://interworx.com/support/docs/iworx-cp/sysadmin/siteworx/import/howto-import-single[/quote]

Well after another hour it error-ed out saying Invalid Storage Space. So right now I am remaking the backup from the old server and will try again.

I have had my other 2 large accounts move over just fine so hopefully redoing the backup will get things working.

[QUOTE=godboko;13332]Well after another hour it error-ed out saying Invalid Storage Space. So right now I am remaking the backup from the old server and will try again.

I have had my other 2 large accounts move over just fine so hopefully redoing the backup will get things working.[/QUOTE]

Is this a 2.1.x backup file? If so, that error is a bug in the 2.1.x backup. Open a ticket with the root login information for the destination box, and the location of the backup you already have there, and we’ll fix up the backup file.

Oh ok opened a ticket :slight_smile:

Just an FYI I resubmitted my ticket with new backup details. Maybe someone could take another look at it.

No problem, godboko. We were waiting to hear back from you, since last we checked the backup file in question wasn’t 100% transferred to the server. We’ll be responding shortly.

Socheat

[quote=IWorx-Socheat;13345]No problem, godboko. We were waiting to hear back from you, since last we checked the backup file in question wasn’t 100% transferred to the server. We’ll be responding shortly.

Socheat[/quote]

No problem at all :slight_smile: I also added the error report hope its helpful.

This issue has been resolved via support ticket.

Yes thank you very much!! Would not expect support like this from cPanel