Import over existing Siteworx account problem

G 'Day

I imported a cpannel backup of my domain over to a new siteworx account of the same name - the docs said it would overwrite the siteworx account -

the import seemed to work (the site is just a phpbb forum) for awhile (10min-30min) then the error -

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

:confused:

the import made new dirs the same as the original dirs except changing the last char to 1 and deleted the original dirs

ie olddirname to olddirman1

the forum is trying to connect to the db using olddirname_phpbb1 instead of olddirnam1_phpbb1

how do I fix this or would it be just as easy for a total novice ( ie me ) to delete and start again

I hope this makes sense to someone

Derek

took my own advice and stareted again :eek:

Guess importing over existing account is not the best idea

Derek

Yes, it will work, however what you needed to do was update the connection details in the phpBB config file. :slight_smile:

There isn’t an importer which can selectively go through files and update connection strings.

Thanks for the reply

Yes, it will work, however what you needed to do was update the connection details in the phpBB config file. :slight_smile:

I knew it would be something easy

That’s the file with the comment @ the start saying DON’T changes this file
and as I’m a novice I did as I was told

I needed to move the domain into a resellers account anyway so a delete and import did the trick and I got more practice @ importing

There isn’t an importer which can selectively go through files and update connection strings.

I was impressed @ the way it did the import - the whole forum pics and all

Yeah, that’s 'cause it will do all the data and mysql data :wink:

All it needs is to be told the new database name (caused by the change of username) and Voila! :smiley: