Install failure on RHES4 64bit, MySQL won't install?

I was getting a server prepped with the base install, did the wget of the install script…

Ran it through on a RHES 4 64bit AMD Dual Core server, it ran through the first parts downloading the RPM’s, removing the old RPM’s that it said would conflict.

Now its showing:

Transaction Check Error:   file /usr/share/man/man1/asn1parse.1ssl.gz from install of openssl-0.9.7a-43.4 conflicts with file from package openssl-0.9.7a-43.4
  file /usr/share/man/man1/nseq.1ssl.gz from install of openssl-0.9.7a-43.4 conflicts with file from package openssl-0.9.7a-43.4
  file /usr/share/man/man1/s_client.1ssl.gz from install of openssl-0.9.7a-43.4 conflicts with file from package openssl-0.9.7a-43.4
  file /usr/share/man/man1/s_server.1ssl.gz from install of openssl-0.9.7a-43.4 conflicts with file from package openssl-0.9.7a-43.4
  file /usr/share/man/man1/sslpasswd.1ssl.gz from install of openssl-0.9.7a-43.4 conflicts with file from package openssl-0.9.7a-43.4
ERROR: MySQL could not be installed.

FusionHosting,

Can you open a ticket and I’ll check this out. The 64 bit version of CentOS provides openssl in multiple architectures and YUM gets confused about which it should install sometimes.

Chris

I just sent in my reseller agreement today, and am waiting to get an account setup. So I’m afraid I don’t have access to the trouble ticket system atm.

I was hoping to get a jumpstart setting this new server up before I got my license keys.

Just go here: https://www.interworx.com/support/helpdesk/

There’s no need to be in the system to open a ticket. I’ll get it fixed up asap once the ticket is in.

Chris

Ok, submitted a ticket. Brand new server so have at it. :wink: