InterWorx 2.1.0 Released

While I understand how handy it is to have a GUI to handle the firewall, does APF have any significant advantages over a well-built iptables implementation?

While I understand how handy it is to have a GUI to handle the firewall, does APF have any significant advantages over a well-built iptables implementation?

Since APF is just an iptables front-end there is nothing special about it Martin. Currently IWorx-CP only parses the APF config file to see what ports are open/closed etc but eventually we’ll parse the ‘iptables --list’ output to get teh same data which will buffer us from APF and allow you to use the graphical firewall page to view real-time what rules you have applied.

So the short answer is “no”, no significant advantage :).

Chris

• Configurable “Billing Day” for each account
    Each SiteWorx account can now have a different “billing day.” This corresponds to the day of the month that the bandwidth usage for the account is reset to 0 and corresponds to those folks using the “Anniversary” billing method.

Haha I’m so happy now :slight_smile:

Big thanks

Just one pbm :
The french Translation has been upgraded too, to a less version (I sent you 2 or 3 times the last one, but … maybe lost …)

I Have to translate one more time the language file. I remember that Socheat I think gave me a command to translate only the missing sentences/word. Could you please give me again the command for this.

But one more time, you did a really great job !!!

More information about the clustering solution would be very interesting

Well done

Thanks

Pascal

I Have to translate one more time the language file. I remember that
Socheat I think gave me a command to translate only the missing
sentences/word. Could you please give me again the command for this.

Here’s the command for the French language file:
/home/interworx/bin/langmerge.pex --target=fr

More information about the clustering solution would be very
interesting

Chris explains it in a little more detail in this thread:
http://interworx.info/forums/showthread.php?t=741

Thanks Socheat.

Here’s the command for the French language file:
/home/interworx/bin/langmerge.pex --target=fr

there was an other one. One run from the website directly

The problem with this command on the box directly is that you have to do ALL the translation ine ONE shot.

Paul gave me an other link, but impossible to find it in the forum, do you have it ?

Thanks

We disabled the feature for now, Pascal. We weren’t happy with the interface (wasn’t as seamless/easy as we wanted). It hasn’t been tested since we disabled the feature in 2.0, so I’m not sure if the code changes in 2.1 has affected it or not. If you want, I can email you the list of newly added translations.

Socheat

Yes please :slight_smile:

I’ll send you the new translated file, if you may integer the latest FR translated file in every releases it would help me a lot to maintain the FR up to date.

Also I have few questions about LB/Clusters what do you use exactly ?
the IPVS functionality of kernel ?
LVS ?

How do you share the storage space ?
nfs ?

etc …

Since the first interworx day I’d like to try to implement interworx in a LB/Clusters/HA solution (LVS, Heartbeat, ldirectord… like ultramonkey or http://www.ultramonkey.org/3/topologies/) I know and understand that you LB/Cluster solution is a first step and IS NOT a HA solution, but I’d really like go to this first step and so like to know a little more about your configuration

Thanks

Pascal

Sure, send me your language file and I’ll diff it against ours and send it to you.

I’ll let Chris answer the other questions about load balancing.

Also I have few questions about LB/Clusters what do you use exactly ?
the IPVS functionality of kernel ?
LVS ?

How do you share the storage space ?
nfs ?

I’m still working on the docs Pascal but I say a few words here:

You can only add nodes aftering following a short setup process: http://www.interworx.com/support/docs/iworx-cp/sysadmin/clustering/setup/howto-cluster

We use LVS as the load balancer (controlled by InterWorx-CP)

You can only add nodes that are empty (i.e. if you have 1 server and want to add a 2nd, the 2nd must be 2.1.0 or above, centos 4, have no domains and be on the same network segment.

We use an NFS shared storage mechanism for sharing of data. The “cluster manager” (read load balancer) is used as the mysql server.

Since the first interworx day I’d like to try to implement interworx in a LB/Clusters/HA solution (LVS, Heartbeat, ldirectord… like ultramonkey or http://www.ultramonkey.org/3/topologies/) I know and understand that you LB/Cluster solution is a first step and IS NOT a HA solution, but I’d really like go to this first step and so like to know a little more about your configuration

We’re using the LVS-DR LVS setup (Virtual Server via Direct Routing) and you can cluster as few as 2 servers on the same segment with iworx-cp doing all the management.

As I said, I’ll have more docs soon (this week I’d like) that will lay out all the tech details of the system.

Chris

a APF sister too from RFXNetworks http://www.rfxnetworks.com/bfd.php

would be nice to see it in future builds, although it can be installed manually for time being.