Interworx 3 and backup, documentation?

I update ticket, now i find aprently little no importnat bug, but bug.
I update teh ticket.
When restroe NAMESERVERS records are duplicated ! :rolleyes:

Import tool bug?

[QUOTE=Dj-Grobe;12744]I update ticket, now i find aprently little no importnat bug, but bug.
I update teh ticket.
When restroe NAMESERVERS records are duplicated ! :rolleyes:

Import tool bug?[/QUOTE]

Yup, we discovered this bug a couple days ago and his been fixed for the next release (RC or final, whichever it is).

Anyway this not cause trouble, correct?
Its just one of taht bugs ugly, but not problematic, correct?

After restore few sites now i have this mesage when restart iworx, i not see that mesage hours ago:

iworx-web: Could not determine the server’s fully qualified domain name, using 64.******* for ServerName

what is that?

Socheat why not create IRC chat : )
That be great !!

Sites restored show horde when use /webmail/

Not see the nice new menu… :confused:

[QUOTE=Dj-Grobe;12746]Anyway this not cause trouble, correct?
Its just one of taht bugs ugly, but not problematic, correct?[/quote]

Ugly, yes. But, you’ll want to delete the duplicate records, but for your particular setup, there’s no real rush.

After restore few sites now i have this mesage when restart iworx, i not see that mesage hours ago:

iworx-web: Could not determine the server’s fully qualified domain name, using 64.******* for ServerName

what is that?

Don’t think I’ve seen this before. Check that your /etc/hosts looks correct.

Socheat why not create IRC chat : )
That be great !!

No comment. :wink:

[QUOTE=Dj-Grobe;12747]Sites restored show horde when use /webmail/

Not see the nice new menu… :confused:[/QUOTE]

Could your browser possibly be caching the old page?

ABout webmail, i fixed, move all sites form old server to new server work very good with mass transfer feature on iworx RC3 :slight_smile:

Anyway i update ticket, know with just 2 sites have:

FAILIURE Unknown error.

Just that, no more info, just FAILIURE Unknown error. :eek:

[QUOTE=IWorx-Socheat;12721]This is a good idea, and I’ve come up with a solution. ~iworx/bin/listaccounts.pex lists all the accounts on the box, and was improved in 3.0 to add some nice features for 3.0 -> 3.0 mass transfers.

I’ve just added the --ip-address paramater to the code, which will allow you to list the IP address of the account:

$ ~iworx/bin/listaccounts.pex --domain --ip-address
domain1.com	192.168.1.166
aaa.domain.com	192.168.1.155
aab.domain.com	192.168.1.155

You could then incorporate this into a bash script using grep and awk to do what you need:
[/QUOTE]

Ha ha I thought about this way this night during my attempt to sleep :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot Socheat, it is a great new feature :slight_smile:

This post was about backup v3 and documentation, but now it is more a “bug” post and an chat between some… it’s a pity, and you’ll surely need to update the doc and include all these new infos/examples (pesonnaly sorry for this)

Good Luck :wink:

Pascal

[QUOTE=Dj-Grobe;12750]ABout webmail, i fixed, move all sites form old server to new server work very good with mass transfer feature on iworx RC3 :slight_smile:

Anyway i update ticket, know with just 2 sites have:

FAILIURE Unknown error.

Just that, no more info, just FAILIURE Unknown error. :eek:[/QUOTE]

This issue was resolved via support ticket. Each account was failing during the backup process. The first account failed because one of the databases in the account needs to be repaired (otherwise mysqldump aborts). The second account failed because there are a few corrupted files in that account’s mail directory, and the disk needs to be fsck’d (otherwise tar aborts because it’s unable to read those corrupt files).

Great resource of information in this thread, very useful
thank you

Yeps, lot of great info from socheat, and from pascal : )

how would i create a daily backup for a mysql dump only, just for one of my accounts to the default backup directory

thank you

/home/interworx/bin/backup.pex --domains=domain.com --backup-options all no-logs no-stats --file-path=/xxx/

The sintaxys its 100% ok?

–backup-options all no-logs no-stats

or

–backup-options= all no-logs no-stats

Or its the same?

This backup absolutly included resellers and just skip logs and stats? correct?
Please confirm about correct syntax

That is the correct syntax, without the ‘=’

That is correct.

backup.pex --help suggests that you can use %w in the --filename-format parameter to specify the 3 letter day of the week.

I found this gives

##LG_FILENAME_FORMAT_INVALID## : %D.%w

and I need to use the usual date formatting option of %a to get this result.

Cheers
Neil

[QUOTE=pascal;12717]You absolutly right about the time and resource usage the full backup take. We have 300 accounts and it takes 6 hours (100GB of data)

As soon V3 will be out, we’ll try the structure only backups + Rsnapshot + Mysql backup script, if it is fine we’ll give here the config of rsnapshot and why not a SRPM of a script that do this job

Just a last question about structure only backups. Tell we want to do a full backup, so we do :
1- A rsync or rsnapshot of /home (in /backups for example)
2- A backup of the Mysql database with a mysqldump (with rsnapshot and in /backups)
3- Perform a backup.pex with --structure-only in /backups (like /home/interworx/bin/backup.pex --domains=all --structure-only --output-dir=/backups )

Is that correct ?
Do you suggest to perform first the backups.pex or the rsync ?
[/QUOTE]
I forgot I had the structure only now, going to update my backup script to do this now. I am currently using rsync backup of the DATA. I do not backup the database doing a dump, but rather the database files themselves. I figure that if something happens I will be restoring it to the same MySQL version and worst case scenario I just use the same version to create a dump and then import to new version.

Might need to take a look at rsnapshot as Im doing a very basic mutliday backup with all data instead of using hard links like rsnapshot does. Anyone who is running rsnapshot (Pascal :slight_smile: ) have any advice for me?