InterWorx 5.0 Released!

Hi Michel,

You can fixed the first error by going to the iworx_roundcube table in NodeWorx and executing

ALTER TABLE `contacts` ADD `words` TEXT NULL AFTER `vcard`;

The third error can be corrected with the following query:

CREATE TABLE `searches` (
  `search_id` int(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `user_id` int(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
  `type` int(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `name` varchar(128) NOT NULL,
  `data` text,
  PRIMARY KEY(`search_id`),
  CONSTRAINT `user_id_fk_searches` FOREIGN KEY (`user_id`)
    REFERENCES `users`(`user_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE,
  UNIQUE `uniqueness` (`user_id`, `type`, `name`)
) /*!40000 ENGINE=INNODB */ /*!40101 CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci */;

These were both missed due to an omission in the RoundCube documentation, but we caught it and should be releasing a hotfix as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thx, that did it. Roundcube works now.

Hi,

One more on a BIG complaint about the filemanager. I know it’s an external addition, but on Opera+Ubuntu (for example) it simply doesn’t work! :frowning:

A simple (yet powerful) file manager is BASIC on any control panel and Interworx has gone not one, but two steps back on this one…

Daniel

Pooh. I couldn’t agree more.

We’ve been using Fileman for ages, and figured the 3.0 release would build on top of its previous simplicity.

When I started to skin it, I realized that 3.0 was nothing but jQuery ajax wrapped around 2.0, adding unnecessary complexity to the software.

There are some structural and security fixes that are an improvement, but they’re buried beneath all of the plush javascript they decided to slap on it.

I moved some buttons around, making it a bit more familliar but honestly I’m going to push for a better filemanager with all of my might.

The issue is that we’re such a small staff and they’re working hard on HA and other InterWorx related features.

IWORX-Tim wants to build a file-manger from scratch, but he’s spread very very thin.
He would do a fantastic job, and I’d love to see this happen soon, so perhaps get some other frustrated users to send him various spicy foods and wisky. (He loves meat and Good whisky.)

Tim is responsible for hard-coding many of the brilliant InterWorx CP features like IPv6, and doesn’t mess around.

I currently updated my phone to the disastrous IOs7 and see a similar pattern of simplicity done poorly in Fileman 3.0 so I feel peoples frustration completely.

I’m going to look for solutions, but Paul and I were talking about trying to single out those who rely on the new Fileman and manually giving them a better solution until this becomes a priority above other current development.

Sorry for the frustration guys. Just know that I’m pushing for ya’ll because I completely agree.

[QUOTE=R-n-R;22908]Trevor

I used IW from 2005 until recently, Spring of 2013. Completely on cPanel now, but that was a very hard decision to make, because I can tell you, I personally prefer InterWorx over cPanel.
Now with that said, the cPanel File Manager is light years better than the old file manager in SiteWorx. In fact I am finding I prefer to use it now over FTP or SSH, unless one of those two is needed.

You are correct in the statement most of us devs did prefer to use FTP or SSH over the SiteWorx filemanager…only because that the file manager was a terrible tool, even the old one.

But other than that InterWorx is awesome, I really miss it.[/QUOTE]

Couldn’t agree more. Help me push for this. If you have any solutions, I really really would love to try and integrate them.

Hi Guys,

For a replacement file manager product, the following could be worth a look:

http://extplorer.sourceforge.net/

Jon

Hacman,

Did Brett send you any interworx shirts? You’re pretty much part of the InterWorx team with some of your helpful posts.

I’d like a tshirt! I’ve been around these parts for awhile now :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=IWorx-Trevor;22972]Hacman,

Did Brett send you any interworx shirts? You’re pretty much part of the InterWorx team with some of your helpful posts.[/QUOTE]

Hi Trevor,

I think he was speaking to Gareth (our commercial ops director) about this, but I’m not sure what happened. I certainly haven’t seen any yet :).

If you guys still have some kicking around please do drop me a PM :).

While I remember, we debated getting some corporate clothing printed up for staff with logos of our favourite vendors on - would you guys have any objection to this including your logo if we did?

Jon

@Justec & hacman

I’ll see what we have in stock for you guys. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=hacman;22955]Hi Guys,

For a replacement file manager product, the following could be worth a look:

http://extplorer.sourceforge.net/

Jon[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Any chance we could get this working on any of our servers? The actual file manager is simplu USELESS!!! Won’t work with many browser+OS combinations (just tried on XP+Opera: no, no, no)

[QUOTE=Poooh;23099]Hi,

Any chance we could get this working on any of our servers? The actual file manager is simplu USELESS!!! Won’t work with many browser+OS combinations (just tried on XP+Opera: no, no, no)[/QUOTE]

Yeah. This has been getting a lot of flack.
I assume no-one really bothered to study the changes in any detail during Beta, (including myself.)

One of our devs helped someone revert to fileman 2 for the time being. File a ticket Poooh. Say you’d like to know how it was done. (Fortunately I don’t think it was super difficult :smiley: )