Interworx 5.1.0 Now in the Beta Channel!

Hey John,

Would you say 5.1 is good enough for production? Getting tired of having to fix MySQL issues due to outdated code. Would like to be able to do a massive sale on my hosting company but not set up to handle a ton of emails about scripts not installing.

Kat

[QUOTE=d2d4j;27800]Hi vnagy

I hope your well, been a long time.

IW 5.1 is in release candidate at moment, for a few months now I think.

If I remember correctly, it is moved to release after 6 months after been placed into release candidate stage, but if you set IW to stable, it will be 12 months or it could be 3 months release candidate, 6 month release and 12 month stable

I could be wrong though sorry as I’m recalling from memory

If your asking about centos 7. I’m not sure of its current status

We use IW 5.1 on test server but would upgrade production to RC after giving our clients plenty of notification first. Some of them may fail on latest php version hence notification, but this is not IW fault.

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Hi Kat
Many thanks, and I am sorry, it is your decision to make.
As I have said though, as soon as we have cleared the upgrade date with our clients, we will update. The waiting period is to allow enough time for our clients to prepare incase there are any PHP issues resulting from the PHP version upgrade, which could cause their websites to fail.
So the answer for us is YES on centos 6, No for centos 7 until we have completed more tests and IW have corrected a few issues.
If you would like to dry run through on a server which has been updated to IW5.1 RC, centos 6 final, just PM me and I’ll give you full access to our test server. You can then use your own softalucious code to allow your scripts in full (on our test server, it uses only the free code), so you have an idea of how well it works. When you have finished, just delete your softalucious code and any siteworx accounts you may have setup.
We will at some point be reloading the test server from fresh install, as we will be moving the test server to another office, but it will still be a test server.
Please bear in mind the test server is set to output request made on htpp to https, which this is not something we plan on making mandatory on the production servers just yet, but just wanted to test it.
I hope that helps
Many thanks
John

Hi John,

In your experience, how long would it take down a live server? Basically wondering if I should wait till late tonight? or would the changes work to keep the sites up during the upgrade?

Kat

Hi Kat

I would myself always do any upgrades out of hours unless an update is critical and must be applied immediately.

The actual upgrade though, should not take long and IW will suspend login to IW-CP whilst undertaking the upgrade.

The actual sites I do not know sorry, but I think as it’s an php change, any outage would be kept to minimum but it depends upon their php code ie some php code which worked with 5.,3 is deprecated in 5.4 upwards.

Goodluck if you do upgrade, I would make all required backups first though, just in case and would appreciate if you could update your post with your experience.

Many thanks

John

So far 5.1 has had one large issue and other minor issues.

The only minor issue is it didn’t automatically remove the old_password=1 line, I had to comment that out myself from my.cnf.

The large issue I’m having is SMTP seems to have stopped working, not sure what the issue is. Fortunately I’m the only one who uses me for email.

Kat

Hi Kat

Many thanks for your update.

Sorry, I should have said about my.cnf, but as its done once, tends not to stop in mind, but I appreciate it should be set at upgrade.

What is issue are you seeing for SMTP

Is it that your service is not running
Your qmail cannot send mail
Your email device cannot send email

Did you restart qmail service SMTP restart (I personally like to stop then start over restart)

Please remember 5.1 fully stops using SSLv3, so if you have any device connecting which is expecting SSLv3, you will need to reconfigure for TLS

Can you telnet to your server for port 25 and 587, then send manually as a test

If you have resolved the SMTP, please can I ask what it was

I hope that helps and sorry if you have tried the above

Many thanks

John

Hi John,

I stopped SMTP on port 25, and then started it. When I try to telnet to it, I get: telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out
Port 587 seems to respond, will investigate that more via Thunderbird.

Hi Kat

Many thanks, that’s useful re no response on port 25

Can you check to make sure port 25 is open in firewall and any firewall which might block it.

Please remember the initial connection is made over port 25 then upgraded to TLS on port 587

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

The firewall says 25 and 587 are fully opened

Hi Kat

Many thanks, I was thinking perhaps at a higher level sorry then your IW server.

If you want to pm me a domain, I can test from here if it helps.

Many thanks

Johb

Hi,

I am currently on iworx 5.1 RC centos 7, I would like to double confirm that I can already do MariaDB drop-in replacement? Any confirmation would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi shyuan

I hope your well, long time

It already is running mariadb.

If you want to check, just ssh into your server and run service mysqld status and you should see mariadb listed.

Hope that’s alright

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;27867]Hi shyuan

I hope your well, long time

It already is running mariadb.

If you want to check, just ssh into your server and run service mysqld status and you should see mariadb listed.

Hope that’s alright

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]
Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. I didn’t know that! Cool! :slight_smile:

But I think I am experiencing the restart bug? My server is up after I reboot, but I couldn’t access my nodeworx.

It’s been a while that I disappeared :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi shyuan

Haha, glad your back, hope your exams went well

Please see this post, which should help you I believe, but I am not running centos 7 in production.

Have a lovely night

Many thanks

John

http://forums.interworx.com/showpost.php?p=27847

[QUOTE=d2d4j;27873]Hi shyuan

Haha, glad your back, hope your exams went well

Please see this post, which should help you I believe, but I am not running centos 7 in production.

Have a lovely night

Many thanks

John

http://forums.interworx.com/showpost.php?p=27847[/QUOTE]
Not sure if it’s the same issue, but i am getting spammed with the cron email as below, have you came across this email? if not I probably need to seek support. (i am reading the thread you gave me)

Uncaught IWorx_Exception_DbUtil: DB Error: connect failed [nativecode=Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/usr/local/interworx/mysql/iworx-db.sock’ (2)] ** mysql://iworx:fjt8wn1lkj@unix(/usr/local/interworx/mysql/iworx-db.sock)/iworx
A system error has occurred. Please try your request again in a few minutes.
If the error persists, please contact support.

Hi shyuan

Many thanks, and yes, come across that failure.

Just read the post fully but to save time, here’s the correction, just uncomment includedir /etc/my.cnf.d from /etc/my.cnf save run service mysqld start, then start iworx

Hope that’s alright

Many thanks

John

http://forums.interworx.com/showpost.php?p=27837

Hi John,

Just read the fix on the thread, nonetheless, thanks for your “shortcut” :stuck_out_tongue: