Interworx on Xen?

Hi guys,

I see there is support for Virtuozzo based VPS but does Interworx run on Xen based solutions?

Thanks!

It should Chrimpson but we haven’t tested at this point so we’re not yet endorsing the platform for use with InterWorx-CP. We should have some test boxes up in the next 2 or 3 weeks to test. If you have one handy that you’d like to make available I wouldn’t mind giving it a spin :slight_smile:

Chris

I can personally verify that InterWorx works fine, at least on Xen 2.x with the XenoLinux 2.6.11.12 kernel and CentOS 4.2. The only caveat to that is that you must leave the thread-local storage enabled C libraries in place. If you disable them, as recommended in the Xen documentation (“mv /lib/tls /lib/tls.disabled” or similar), the database that InterWorx installs will fail to function. This should be pretty much the same situation with Xen 3.x. If you can build C library packages that have the “no negative segment offsets” feature enabled for Xen compatibility, that’s your best bet. Otherwise the performance will be somewhat lower, but it otherwise functions perfectly. It should work with other blessed distributions (Fedora Core 2/3, CentOS 3.x) as well, but I can’t say that I’ve tested it with any of them as yet.

Derrik Pates
Voxel dot Net, Inc.