Interworx setup problem

Hi iworx team’s,

I setup a new server with Interworx, in browser the setup retry continuously to setup spamassin DB and in /usr/local/interworx/var/log/iworx.log, I have this notice and error :

tail -n20 /usr/local/interworx/var/log/iworx.log
2014-10-08 10:00:13.01381 [nosess-tycc-vsw3-WEB] [ERR]   : couldn't backup file: /usr/local/interworx/iworx.ini : /xhr.php 
2014-10-08 10:00:13.01449 [nosess-tycc-vsw3-WEB] [INFO]  : WRITING INI FILE TO DISK : /xhr.php 
2014-10-08 10:00:13.01468 [nosess-tycc-vsw3-WEB] [INFO]  : Added [plugins][hello] = 0 : /xhr.php 
2014-10-08 10:00:13.01993 [nosess-tycc-vsw3-WEB] [ERR]   : couldn't backup file: /usr/local/interworx/iworx.ini : /xhr.php 
2014-10-08 10:00:13.02190 [nosess-tycc-vsw3-WEB] [INFO]  : WRITING INI FILE TO DISK : /xhr.php 
2014-10-08 10:00:13.02210 [nosess-tycc-vsw3-WEB] [INFO]  : Added [plugins][history] = 0 : /xhr.php 

Do you have any idea about this problem ?

Server : VPS VMWare Centos 6.5 updated version + php 5.5 + MySQL 5.5 + Interworx 5.0.15.

Thanks in advance for your answer :).

Hi gimly

I hope you don’t mind but I don’t think those errors relate to SA, but I could be wrong.

It’s a silly question sorry, but how do you know SA is trying repeatedly to setup db, or was that shown upon first install

Many thanks

John

The SA step don’t move near 20min, but don’t think there are error with spamassin because in /usr/local/interworx/var/log/iworx.log, I see perpetual

[ERR] : couldn’t backup file: /usr/local/interworx/iworx.ini

chmod and chown are ok, on iwrx.ini file :

~]# ls -alh /usr/local/interworx/iworx.ini
-rw------- 1 iworx iworx 21K 18 sept. 16:22 /usr/local/interworx/iworx.ini

This is the first time I’ve this error on new install.

But, it’s my first intsall in NAT network, don’t know if it can make problem with iworx setup (I don’t think they interact with these step).

Hi gimly

Many thanks, I’ll check my logs to see if I have same issue.

I would tend to agree with you over nat, but have you restarted vps

I’m still not sure over exactly what you mean by SA not moving in 20 mins sorry.

I’ll post back after I’ve checked my logs.

Many thanks

John

Hi gimly

I’m sorry, I’ve checked on 2 systems and we have no entries over failed backup.

If it’s a new install, I’d be tempted to do a fresh install, and confirm all’s well before doing any changes such as php etc

If it’s now in production, I’d be tempted to open a support ticket with your licence provider for IW.

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

Thanks for your help d2d4j.
You can find in attachment the step where problem are.
It’s an fresh install.

Hi gimly

Many thanks, to be honest, I’d start from afresh in full, from just a base centos install.

The install clearly is not going to complete but as I said, I would not do any upgrades until after IW cp is installed and working, and I would also not change any paths etc, just keep to defaults until IW setup and then you should be good to change as you need.

The paths etc are important to be kept at default for some of the install.

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John