Interworx SuExec / FastCGI

Hi,
I have a few questions about Interworx that are primarly centered around security.

1. I would like to be able to run Apache within a chroot environment. Because the Interworx panel runs in it’s own environment (self contained) is this possible???

2. I’m hoping that Interworx’s Qmail implmentation is using vpopmail and has been patched to only allow valid RCPT addresses. Is this the case?

3. Because I wish to run PHP using FastCGI because InterWorx is self contained I believe this shouldn’t be a problem, correct?

I can’t address the qmail question, but yes InterWorx uses it’s own Apache (to run the panel) so you can do prety much what you want with Apache except that the SuExecUserGroup must remains et so that the system user of the SiteWorx account ahs access to the virtual host not just user/group apache apache.

1. I would like to be able to run Apache within a chroot environment. Because the Interworx panel runs in it’s own environment (self contained) is this possible???

It depends on how you plan to chroot Apache. As long as you leave the conf files in their “normal” spot and as long as apache is start/stop/restarted using the httpd init.d script then the answer is “yes”.

1. I’m hoping that Interworx’s Qmail implmentation is using vpopmail and has been patched to only allow valid RCPT addresses. Is this the case?

If you’re referring to the chkuser patch we don’t (yet) have it in there.

1. Because I wish to run PHP using FastCGI because InterWorx is self contained I believe this shouldn’t be a problem, correct?

This should be fine.

Chris